No announcement yet.

Organized Plan: TBH helping TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Smacker, great offer! Let's see if my 4x4 Bronco with 4.88 gears and detroit lockers can pull harder than a two wheel drive big wheel farm tractor when we clean you place up. Beers and BBQ afterwards, of course.

I just spoke with BrandonF and he is building the list of those that have damage at their place. You just might be the first. The important thing is that the TBH folks in need get on BrandonF's list. Spread the word.

Many people want to help, so if you need help or know those in need, be willing to be helped. You will make a friend or ten. Who doesn't need a few more friends that are solid, introduce-them-to-your-parents quality, good people?

Those that want to help, and I am one, let's work together to ensure that waste is minimized and our dollars, time, and sweat is maximized in helping those in need. Waste and potential for theft is the most common reason for the lack of charity donations. We can prevent that, because we are honest people, as we have proven to each other over many years.

Personally, I want prioritize TBH families first, but I'm human so we'll all have to figure out how to stop helping and move on to the next TBH family on the list, if we can. That is one of many hard questions that we will have to answer during that next months.

Comment

I can't help labor wise until next week but I'm certainly willing and able.

Besides labor and money, I have to imagine there will be a need for household items, baby/child items (clothes, bottles, pack and plays, toys, etc.). I have an excursion and access to bobtail trucks/tractor trailers.

If we can try and figure out a place to gather things, I'd be happy to help coordinate getting it all down south.

Either way, I'm in!

Comment

I have 2 buddies that are currently in Waco. They have been accepting pallets of water and other goods for flood victims. Their plan is to bring a trailer down Thursday. Where should they go? Where is it needed? Where can they take it to benefit TBHers and others?

If anyone can give specific locations that are accessible that would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
          I have 2 buddies that are currently in Waco. They have been accepting pallets of water and other goods for flood victims. Their plan is to bring a trailer down Thursday. Where should they go? Where is it needed? Where can they take it to benefit TBHers and others?

If anyone can give specific locations that are accessible that would be helpful.
          This what BrandonF is working on setting up. This shows how critical each step of the coordination is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post

Buddy of mine just took a load last night to montgomery. They even had forklifts there to unload.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              Buddy of mine just took a load last night to montgomery. They even had forklifts there to unload.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I passed this on to the guys in Waco.

Comment

My son and I are willing to help out as extra hands. Though I don't have the means monetarily. Muscle, elbow grease, and God's Strength will get it done. When I ain't working we'll be there. I have noticed in the time of need how TBH brothers and sisters come together and help each other out. That's a beautiful thing. Thank y'all! As well thanks to all our Cajun neighbors to the east of us, for coming out in force and throwing out a line. God bless y'all and we got your back.

Say the word we're in!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  PayPal FF should do the trick. I am willing to maintain the fund with full transparency. We can keep track of inflows and outflows in a dedicated thread. Someone from TBH admin may want to bless this before we proceed, but I'm in if it gets the green light.
                  I will vouch for 35rem. I've done a lot of business with him over the years and know him well. He's an upstanding guy, honest as the day is long.

Comment

Please hang tight...we are discussing options within TBH.

Comment

Standing by to hear what's needed. I just made it back to my house and I only have minor wetness. Not even going to call it flooding. I've worked pretty much all day today drying things out and it looks like everything is going to be okay.

Here's what I'm thinking. What I do best is my job. I will be back at work next week making money again and I would be happy to share pretty generously what I earn. I could take time away from work and help out physically but I think I can contribute more monetarily. As soon as we can get an account set up where the monies can be accounted for I'm ready to put money in.

Say the word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am ready to go whenever and wherever I'm needed. I am a college senior with good relationships with my professors and have been given the green light to go anywhere to help.

I have a background in construction and am in school for construction management now and am not afraid of real, hard, work

feel free to text or PM

Will
                        512-743-0332
                        Last edited by TXSTBowhunter; 08-30-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

God bless you all ready to help! We are in this together!

Comment

I don't have much money but I will donate sweat and hard work to anyone that needs help.

Comment

I can't help you guys b/c i moved back south I could lend a hand with construction as well if I was there. I'm willing to donate a few bucks though. Lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                I will vouch for 35rem. I've done a lot of business with him over the years and know him well. He's an upstanding guy, honest as the day is long.
                                It looks like TBH is going to handle the funds, which I agree is the best way.

Comment

Working...
                                X