No announcement yet.

How to wake up better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What might help to is a schedule. Get up and go to bed the same time weekends and weekdays. They did a study and found it's called social jet lag of people sleeping in on weekends and it takes a few days to get back into the swing. Also the sleep study. Your not getting into the deep sleep you need as your waking up multiple times so your not getting fully rested. Get a sleep study may have sleep apnea or another sleep issue.

Comment

Me too man, me too.

Comment

The exact same thing happens in my house. Wife is always up early, alert and awake. Gets straight up out of bed first thing and starts coffee, chores, feeding dogs, etc and I lay in bed until I have to get out (usually because I have to pee). I'm groggy, sleepy and it takes me a while to get my motor running. It took a long time for my wife to understand this but now she knows not to start some heavy conversation with me until I've had coffee.

The caffeine may be causing you to feel the way you do. I love energy drinks but have forced myself to quit drinking them for health reasons. Maybe just go with coffee if you can. And like Jerp said, drink a lot of water especially if you work out like you do.

Comment

Diet plays a huge roll in how we sleep, feel, and wake up with or without energy!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            If the wife is so chipper, have her execute the ole rub n tug. I'm betting you wake up pretty happy about the day ahead.
            That made me LOL.

I have considered a sleep study. It just seems like a lot of trouble and I am not interested in taking medication. I do believe that I am not getting deep sleep. I very seldom dream. I'm talking maybe once every 2 months.

Deer season is really no different for me. I'm more motivated to get out of bed than I am when headed to work, but I still feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              The exact same thing happens in my house. Wife is always up early, alert and awake. Gets straight up out of bed first thing and starts coffee, chores, feeding dogs, etc and I lay in bed until I have to get out (usually because I have to pee). I'm groggy, sleepy and it takes me a while to get my motor running. It took a long time for my wife to understand this but now she knows not to start some heavy conversation with me until I've had coffee.

The caffeine may be causing you to feel the way you do. I love energy drinks but have forced myself to quit drinking them for health reasons. Maybe just go with coffee if you can. And like Jerp said, drink a lot of water especially if you work out like you do.
              I wish I liked coffee. Just not enough hair on my chest yet I guess. Maybe I should try some different kinds. I do drink a lot of water but seldom before noon. It's actually a bit of a problem that I drink too much water in the evenings. I go to the gym at 430 and will drink a minimum of a liter while I am there. When I get home I will have at least 32 ozs with supper. I try to get in bed by 9 and end up getting up a couple of times to pee.

Comment

Take a big shot of Meth.
                Not sure if it works or not, but gingb always seems to be in a good mood...and judging by what he posts...just assumed.

Comment

I have about 3 extremely restful nights of sleep a year. the other days i just try to make up for quality with quantity. i try my hardest to get 8 hrs even if some are not the best hours of sleep. most mornings i feel hungover whether i drank or not.

i think i will try drinking more water right when i get up as some have suggested. i usually don't touch H2O until about lunch everyday (unless you count the water in my coffee!).

the sad thing is, i don't think rest/sleep get's any better the older you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                    Ever thought about having a sleep study done?
                    This you may have sleep apnea and not even know it. It is not always about weight I have had it all my life but until it started effecting my health I didn't do anything about it.

Comment

Quit drinking caffeine. I used to drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning. I was not sleeping well and would feel groggy when I woke up, similar to what you're saying. I decided to quit drinking coffee to see if that would help. I switched to hot green tea instead. I didn't realize how addicted to caffeine I was. The first week was tough. Headaches, CRAVING coffee, etc... Every week got a little bit easier. After a month or so, I didn't crave coffee much. I also started sleeping a lot better and feeling a lot more rested. I also stopped having acid indigestion so much. Coffee is pretty acidic. I didn't realize that was the cause of the indigestion, but I guess it was.

Comment

try a magnesium supplement or if you are in to workout supps try beyond raw anabolic sleep or cellucor p6 I think its called. I don't drink much caffeine (1-2 cups of coffee) and use a non stim pre workout but this helps me recover and sleep better

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Take a big shot of Meth.
                          Not sure if it works or not, but gingb always seems to be in a good mood...and judging by what he posts...just assumed.
                          This made me laugh out loud......the very reason why I have this d bag blocked

sorry OP I am a morning person and a night owl at the same time so I'm not help at all

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                            I have considered a sleep study. It just seems like a lot of trouble and I am not interested in taking medication.

A lot of trouble? Compared to say waking up every day for the rest of your life feeling like crap? Seems like very little trouble to possibly find out you can make it better. Either you want to or you don't.

It certainly changed my life...

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                              I wish I liked coffee. Just not enough hair on my chest yet I guess. Maybe I should try some different kinds. I do drink a lot of water but seldom before noon. It's actually a bit of a problem that I drink too much water in the evenings. I go to the gym at 430 and will drink a minimum of a liter while I am there. When I get home I will have at least 32 ozs with supper. I try to get in bed by 9 and end up getting up a couple of times to pee.
                              Lots of good info here. I have felt your pain many mornings. I am around the same age and workout pretty regularly. I started tracking my diet to get into calorie deficits to lose weight and noticed some very interesting things. FOR ME, I really noticed that big heavy dinners, specifically with red meat, always left me feeling like hell the next morning. I loved eating them and passing out after, but every morning I would struggle to get out of bed.

Track your diet, if you don't already, and see if you can correlate some things. I know for me it was pretty obvious.

Comment

2 things. Both are not easy.

1) Caffiene is NOT your friend. You are high strung and caffeine compounds this. I bet if we asked your wife a few questions, she would agree.
                                2) Attitude. You have to change your attitude about the morning time. You have to develop a "lets see what today has for me" attitude.

I said both were not easy. But life is better when you can master these 2 items.

Good luck. Recognizing this is an issue for you will at least help you start to find ways to improve your life.

Comment

Working...
                                X