No announcement yet.

Your 2017 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah many of us will be fortunate to kill a feral pig. Bush pig ain't on the menu.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      My goal is to get good enough to take an animal with my selfbow.
      This, but mine is a fiberglass composite recurve.

Comment

Mine is to learn how to shoot again. Somehow, amongst a flurry of new bows, a longbow, and too many bows to shoot, I have lost my ability to pick up a bow and be anywhere close to accurate for the first thirty shots. My eyes and brain are just not connecting for awhile, then it is like a connection is made and I can put the arrows where I want to put them. It is back to the basics for me, then maybe I'll think about killing something to eat.

Comment

Shoot a 500 gr. arrow 220 yds with a 50# selfbow. Arvin

Comment

My current goal is to get some blood on this brand new longbow this weekend!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Bought a recurve on TBH a few years ago and it's been sitting in my closet since...Don't really even know where to start. Gotta get some arrows fletched (I was stupid and bought plastic fletched ones) and then just start shooting. Sure would be nice if I could find about 6 extra hours in the day to fit in the things I need and want to do!

Comment

I started this year off with a movement that Scott suggested. Back to working out a little and getting in more physically fit shape. Been out of college for just over 10 years and getting a little to relaxed.
                with that I think it will improve my accuracy as my bow has already started to feel a little lighter.
                I would like to get a tree rat , and fill another tag with a whitetail buck.
                Last, learn to shoot my new to me, (on it's way) bow left handed.

Comment

I forgot I had put that on my list. Since the start of the year, I have lost about 15 pounds and about 3 or 4 inches back on my belt. I started strength training about 2 weeks ago and have noticed a difference as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know Scott. I am always lean and never have gained much weight, just didn't feel as together as I should. As soon as I get over my broke foot I will start back my cardio. Hard to jump rope, run or anything with a gimp. LOL
                    Stay after it, it is my belief that physical conditioning will transfer into my shootability as well.
                    Congrats again on the Blackbuck. Pretty awesome critters.

Comment

Just revisiting this thread... dropped 42 pounds, gained significant strength, killed a hog with my widow... it has been a good year so far. Have to wait a few more months before I can work on my last stated goal of 2 deer with my trad bow in one season. That one is the hardest by comparison.

Comment

Scott I don't know how you had 42 pounds to lose. When we met you didn't look like you were overweight. Congrats man!

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Just revisiting this thread... dropped 42 pounds, gained significant strength, killed a hog with my widow... it has been a good year so far. Have to wait a few more months before I can work on my last stated goal of 2 deer with my trad bow in one season. That one is the hardest by comparison.

Congrats man
                          I've too lost 20 lbs by cutting fast food completely out of my diet and the crazy thing is i feel stronger also In overall strength
                          I'm a district manager for Verizon now and I barely have time to shoot my bow lol, that will change once the summer comes around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Good work!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                              I really want to kill a deer with my recurve. I'm gonna try my best to not get tunnel vision on trying to kill a good buck, and just try to kill a legal deer with my recurve. I think not running trail cams will help with this. I also want to shoot a little further, so I'll practice a lot more at 20-25 over the summer. I'll still try to keep my shots from 12-15, but I'd like to feel comfortable at 20. And when my new bow gets here I want to spend a little more time tuning and get it as close to perfect as I can.

I'm also going to space out my vacation. I normally take 3 weeks off to hunt, and this year I took it all in October. Things started slow, and when rifle season opened I just grabbed a gun and zipped through my tags on my days off. Next year I plan to take a week in October, a week in November, and a week in December.
                              Kinda cool to see this. I've accomplished a few of these...I'm finally shooting a really well tuned bow, shooting pretty good at 20, and have my vacations scheduled the way I outlined them in the quoted post. I'm still up in the air on whether or not to run cameras, and time will tell if I can resist the temptation to break the rifle out. If I start getting pics of a good buck consistently it's like I have to kill him... Oh and I've also added a pig and an aoudad to my list of animals taken with a trad bow.

Comment

I want to get my first dove this season with a fluflu tipped with a snaro.
                                I've already killed a hog with my recurve, now I gotta get one the longbow. (Or as many as I can)
                                I'm going for broke on deer huntin with trad equipment. If I get em cool, if not oh well. I have three little ones who can make up the meat.
                                I hunted the entire turkey season with a trad bow and I've gotta say, I have a new respect for those birds. So I'll add a fall turkey to the list just to get even.

I, like CRM, am gonna focus this year on legal deer. I think not running trail cams is a great idea. If I can kill five I will. I think one or two may be a little more attainable though.

Comment

Working...
                                X