158"

Comment

OK, no more guesses. Here are the measurements of the shed:

G1 3 4
          G2 6 0
          G3 11 0
          G4 8 0

Mass measures 4 1, 3 4, 3 4, 3 4

Beam 15 4, but is broken an inch in front of the left semidrop.

I figure 17 inside. Right side measurements look really close to left with addition of right side drop of about 5 4.

Comment

He sure looks good on camera John!
            Should touch upper 140 and maybe 150 right now.The g2's hurt his score but hopefully he keeps them short so you can get him on the hit list this upcoming season.Pray for that other drop to stay gone also! lol

Comment

He's a protein hound. Hasn't been all his life, but when we put up the feeder where these pics were taken, he took to it with a vengence. I figure he's got 29 inches in mass, 17 inch inside spread, and 23 inch beams. for about 92down. 62 or so up for 154. Should be within a couple inches of that. If he stays at 154 or less, he'll make it past the partners and we can have a shot at getting him. If he stays here, but grows the other drop, he'll be near 160 and we won't have a chance. If he shows a lot of improvement from the protein, then he'll grow way out of our league.

This buck looks GOOD in person. His shed surprised me. Even with it in my hand I was trying to give him more than he had. I have remeasured him several times to make sure I'm reading the tape right.

Comment

I have to admit I was waiting for the answer to see how close I was first. I was thinking mid 160"s. There is alot of these posts every year but I enjoy them and always learn a little from each one. Thanks Doc

Comment

I was going to say mid 150s when I saw the pics, but ya'll may not believe me now after Doc has posted his measurements. haha

Comment

I overstated him. I thought he was a little better than that. good looking deer!

Comment

4" off ain't bad, but I never like to over-judge 'em.
                      Thanks for posting Doc.

Comment

I got his point lengths right... gave him too much credit on his beams... figured they would carry his base to 100 or a little over...

Comment

I was too high. oh well I would stick him.

Comment

2points off isn't bad only place i was different was I called the 3's 12

Comment

I had his beams at 23 in and had him at 92 down. 70 inches up with his drop tine.

Comment

Good looking buck Doc!

Comment

Working...
                                X