Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
    Give me a shout sometime, my fly rod feels abandoned
    Wish I wasn't moving to college station on friday!

Cool stuff again!

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
      Wish I wasn't moving to college station on friday!

Cool stuff again!
      Your just that much closer to Houston. Moving for work or school? I miss college station.

Comment

Mark, how is the stealth rig coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Your just that much closer to Houston. Moving for work or school? I miss college station.
          School, Blinn to start with, then into A&M for wildlife management stuff hopefully!

Actually speaking of, I have to go to Houston sometime next week to pick up my shotgun barrel from Briley, anytime y'all might could meet up to do some fishing? I'm completely flexible on when I go if y'all wanted to meet up

Comment

I might be able to meet up Monday night. That is probably the only good night I've got going.

Comment

Guys. Welcome to "trad fishing". It is about addicting as trad archery. In a past life I worked in a shop in Park City and did a little guiding on Llano river. Let me know if I can do anything to help. My son is in Colorado now and caught his first big fish on a float trip last night. I will try to post the pic here. There is pretty good fishing in the winter for trout near Castell. Come on up and we will see if we can get you onto some fish. Good luck.

Comment

Trad fishing

[ATTACH]639269[/ATTACH]

Comment

If you guys are looking at rods I am a big fan of TFO. I have a 2,3 and 6 weight in their rods and they match up well against any sage or orvis. Bass Pro or cabelas offers several inexpensive reels. For most freshwater fishing the reel is there to hold the line. Get something with a drag and you can't go wrong. Saltwater or bigger rivers are we're you need a better reel when those fish make bigger runs. Fishing for pan fish with a 2 or 3 weight and small poppers is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    I might be able to meet up Monday night. That is probably the only good night I've got going.
                    Change of plans, apparently they didn't get the house ready in time, so I can't move down till the 6th. Still, I won't be to far and hopefully we can meet up and catch some fish

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Cutthroat View Post
                      Guys. Welcome to "trad fishing". It is about addicting as trad archery. In a past life I worked in a shop in Park City and did a little guiding on Llano river. Let me know if I can do anything to help. My son is in Colorado now and caught his first big fish on a float trip last night. I will try to post the pic here. There is pretty good fishing in the winter for trout near Castell. Come on up and we will see if we can get you onto some fish. Good luck.
                      Since you mentioned it... I hunt out near Boerne and I am currently trying to find a good place to fly fish the area out near there. Specifically, a place I can bring my young son and we can do some stream fly fishing when we go out for work weekends before WT season starts (August/September.) I know about the trout below the Canyon Lake on the Guadalupe, but at the moment, we'd be happier to get on some sunfish and bass in a stream environment to get our feet wet in a less crowded area.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                        Change of plans, apparently they didn't get the house ready in time, so I can't move down till the 6th. Still, I won't be to far and hopefully we can meet up and catch some fish
                        No worries; we'll be here

Also, I might get the itch to take a trip down memory lane and make a day trip up to Lake Bryan. We've done that every few years. Lots of memories fishing and camping there. If we do, we'll let you know. I always enjoyed fishing the channel between the two sections of the lake. If memory serves me correctly, it could be fly fished easily. Also, there are a ton of grass carp in on bank accessable area.

Comment

Thinking about trying a new woodlands pond tomorrow evening. Mark, you interested?

Comment

Probably, I will know in the morning.

Comment

Ok, just let me know. We'll probably aim to be up around there around 6 as usual. Need to pick a pond. I'll be brining my kiddo too.

Comment

Congrats Mark!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407206523249.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24321001

So much for that lead I had on you. I need to work harder now to land me a big'un...

Comment

Working...
                                X