Sarrels Yukon longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarrels Yukon longbows

How many here have Bob’s forward handle Yukon longbow? I bought a new Blueridge SR at the Chester shoot, but was really liking the Yukon longbows. Only one that was in the specs I liked was his personal bow.

Even though I like the Blueridge SR I bought, I have placed it for sale to get the funds to put towards a Yukon. If he offered it in a 2 piece TD, that would be even more better.

Anybody got pics?

Mike

I’m a Blueridge (long riser) guy myself. It has been my goto bow ever since I got my first one in 2009. I now have 4 of them. I shot the Yukon at Vanderpool, and while it is as smooth as silk, I still like my Blueridges!!!!

Good luck with your sale and your new bow purchase!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bows, like women, are each made a little different and what is appealing for one fella, isn't always going to work for another.

With that disclaimer in mind, out of all of Bob's bows that I have shot, I like the Yukon the most. Primarily because it was smooth and lacked alot of the handshock that I feel on other longbows. That being said, the one I shot didn't go thump at the target face past 8 yards like I would like it too... or you could say, like I am used to. I'd have to give one with the same draw weight as my current forward riser bow a shot before I'd pass final judgement.

Comment

Don't own one now (might get one), but shot a Yukon yesterday at the Fowler Fling. Have always had recurves, and the 56# Yukon felt very natural in hand and shot the heavy arrows I shoot just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I’m a Blueridge (long riser) guy myself. It has been my goto bow ever since I got my first one in 2009. I now have 4 of them. I shot the Yukon at Vanderpool, and while it is as smooth as silk, I still like my Blueridges!!!!

Good luck with your sale and your new bow purchase!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          No doubt about it. Bob has it down with the Blueridge. They are pure shooters.

The Yukon has a smooth draw, a lot less pre load it seems, like said above... not near as quick and not the power the Blueridge has, but it was just a fun bow to shoot.

Mike

Comment

I have one I really like. It's super smooth. Not real fast but very accurate. It's a fun bow to shoot and I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time with it during deer season.

Comment

I saw your post on this bow on facebook and if it were a few lbs lighter, I'd probably bite. My Yukon should be in the mail this week. I'm excited to get it in. If it shoot anything like my Lynx that Bob built, I'll be thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                I saw your post on this bow on facebook and if it were a few lbs lighter, I'd probably bite. My Yukon should be in the mail this week. I'm excited to get it in. If it shoot anything like my Lynx that Bob built, I'll be thrilled.
                That’s awesome. What specs did you go with?

Comment

64" amo
                  45#@28
                  Bacote riser with bastone walnut veneers
                  It's going to match my lynx

Comment

I have to agree with Bisch. Did I just say that I agree with Bisch? I've shot all of Bobs designs. And a lot of the bows he's made at least once. They are all very nice. The Sieara is my next favorite. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                    X