The collared buck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The collared buck ?

Had this little guy showing up on camera last year. There is no mistaking him, since he has a dog collar on. Only saw him once in person, but he was a regular at the feeders. Well this year he is back, and is now a respectable 9 point. Pretty nice jump from last year, I didn’t really think he would ever amount to anything, but he surprised me. We named him Bucky and he is off limits to hunt. Just hope the neighbors give him a pass also. Anyway, if you’re missing your pet deer, he can be found at my protein feeder on a regular basis.
    Last year and this year pics below.
    Attached Files

Awesome example of what spikes can turn into

Comment

KAS!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty neat

Thanks going to suck the older/fatter he gets especially when the rut comes around and that thing is still around his neck and set for a 2 year olds neck size

Comment

As he gets bigger, do you think that collar will eventually choke him?

Comment

Not if you ground check him to put him out of his misery!

Comment

Two things: that’s why I am against killing all spikes. And two, that’s unfortunate about the collar, it’s going to cause him some issues as he gets older/bigger. His skin will eventually graft around the collar, and cause a sore, and probably get infected.

Comment

When he is a 4.5 yo 160”” you can ground check him and that would make an awesome mount. But would suck for the Taxi

Comment

He is not a spike in the first picture, looks more like a small six.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                    As he gets bigger, do you think that collar will eventually choke him?
                    We will address the collar issue next season and put him on the hit list if need be. And, that's not even a given, only saw him once in person last season, so may never get a crack at him. 13" rule in my county, so doubt he makes it anyway this year, it would be close, plus he is a young deer.

Comment

We had a young buck who we would see with a red bandana tied around his neck. He was a young 8pt we named rags. He was eventually shot at around 3.5 years old. Was cool to see rags roll through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                        He is not a spike in the first picture, looks more like a small six.
                        X2 I agree!

A spike can grow into a bigger legal deer. But I will take my chances and play the %'s that a spike will be inferior to a same age 4-6 point

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                          We will address the collar issue next season and put him on the hit list if need be. And, that's not even a given, only saw him once in person last season, so may never get a crack at him. 13" rule in my county, so doubt he makes it anyway this year, it would be close, plus he is a young deer.
                          Look below your post..... 3.5 is a shooter to some hunters

Comment

He was not a spike his first year, he looks like he has some points maybe 6 point.....Folks seem to not realize there is a difference than a first year spike and a second year spike....Shoot the second year spike, leave the yearling alone...

Comment

nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X