No announcement yet.

The Trump drama never stops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't you guys tired of having the same conversation over and over again?

Two more months until bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      After all this time, I FINALLY understand what forms your ideology. Do you realize how out-of-touch, arrogant and condescending you are?? Holy crap. So, you don't have to burden yourself with the likes of janitor scum and the maintenance crew and are only taxed with managing a small room of bean counters does not make your point. Quite the opposite. You act like we are all idiots and cannot follow a directive until someone like you points. You're not the only one with a Masters degree, homie. Down here in the projeks, some of us live in the REAL WORLD bro. We deal with all of it; from the top to the bottom and everything in between. The guy that ducked out to Utah, did so on a $70K a year job. By the way, he also had a Masters degree. Not everyone can live in Obamacare Utopiaville. Some of us have to actually produce tangible products. You are asking yourself, "Who in the HELL would degrade themselves to that level?" Well, Captain Arrogance, I am proud of the companies I have built, the second-to-none products I produce and the relationships forged over these years. If people like myself had your mind set of looking down their noses at people and "eeew yucky!", you would be living in a tent.

Really though, between you and I, I get where you come from about being around such deplorable persons. Those landscapers, electricians, concrete men, all of them. WOW, Am I right?!? Heck, once I stooped so low, I actually spoke to the plumber that came to repair the water heater in my office. THAT'S slummin' it!!!! You live an acute little uninformed life and believe others do so as well. If you haven't learned yet, you are the one who out of step. These ideals were born through experience and it becomes more and more evident, you have little. You ought to apologize to every person you have encountered in recent memory and beg for their forgiveness. Get a hold of yourself and learn to respect people. All people.

LoL I didnt even read all that but I bet you dollars to donuts I've mixed more bags of cement with my bare hands then you have.
      I'm talking hauling buckets of sand and rocks on the second roof of buildings.

I'm no stranger to manual labor in July and August.

But I've learned to work smarter and in air conditioned buildings than using my back getting heat stroke.

I know plenty of guys that will slack off a $15 an hour job.
      But the guys we pay Infosys $85 an hour for aren't about to mess that up

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Texansfan, with all the different positions you claim to hold at your company, I believe you to be more full of **** than a construction site porta potty.
        I'm like a journeyman on a construction site but of the software world.
        I've learned so many languages and worked in many different settings that it's all easy now.
        I've built residential homes all the way up to sky scrapers.
        I've built cheap mobile homes and project housing for the feds all the way to multimillion dollar and multiyear spec homes for the ultra rich.

My role now is building semi spec hones for the semi rich.
        We have a standard home but they get to customize it a bit to make it their own.

I dont hire home depot guys to lay this $22 sq ft hardwood.
        My crew needs to be highly specialized with great references.

MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER HARRY D. LEINENWEBER District Judge. Before the Court are Motions to Exclude the testimonies of four...20170602779

That's the kinda stuff I work with.
        How did they come up with that billion dollar figure?
        Math.
        That's how.
        Lots and lots of math.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          LoL I didnt even read all that but I bet you dollars to donuts I've mixed more bags of cement with my bare hands then you have.
          I'm talking hauling buckets of sand and rocks on the second roof of buildings.

I'm no stranger to manual labor in July and August.

But I've learned to work smarter and in air conditioned buildings than using my back getting heat stroke.

I know plenty of guys that will slack off a $15 an hour job.
          But the guys we pay Infosys $85 an hour for aren't about to mess that up

You should read it all because you are a pathetic excuse for a man and could stand to better yourself. A lot. You lost your own bet, moron. And, the correct word is than, not then. Idiot.

Not everyone chooses to milk the Government tits to make their living. Enjoy your day off on National Jack A*s Day.

Now, run, hide and continue to avoid conversation like the good little plantation mule you are. Fat, happy and stupid. Just like Obama likes 'em.

Comment

I just used the ignore function for the first time. This will be GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm definitely rooting for him. But I won't ever understand the blind loyalty, or whatever it is. I didn't understand it when it was directed toward Obama, and I don't understand it now.

It's not blind loyalty in this case. It's a response to posts of negative opinions. Some say this is examples of whatever they think trump is doing wrong. Some don't. I don't think this is the earth shattering event it's portrayed by the media. I see it as removing someone that obviously was not going to work out with his new boss. While people will worry about "how this looks", they will ignore that regardless of how any of it looks, the economy is improving, jobs are up, and the consumer confidence index climbed, again, more than at any time in the last 4 years. As I said, this is not an issue that matters. That's not "blind loyalty". That's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                Work in the oil industry. Offshore oil industry.
                Or more accurately, the remnants of the oil industry. Lol

Good thing it's coming back. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  I'm like a journeyman on a construction site but of the software world.
                  I've learned so many languages and worked in many different settings that it's all easy now.
                  I've built residential homes all the way up to sky scrapers.
                  I've built cheap mobile homes and project housing for the feds all the way to multimillion dollar and multiyear spec homes for the ultra rich.

My role now is building semi spec hones for the semi rich.
                  We have a standard home but they get to customize it a bit to make it their own.

I dont hire home depot guys to lay this $22 sq ft hardwood.
                  My crew needs to be highly specialized with great references.

MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER HARRY D. LEINENWEBER District Judge. Before the Court are Motions to Exclude the testimonies of four...20170602779

That's the kinda stuff I work with.
                  How did they come up with that billion dollar figure?
                  Math.
                  That's how.
                  Lots and lots of math.
                  That's strange! I thought you were an Ivy League College educated statistician that worked for the big pharmaceutical companies? I wonder where I got that from? Oh yeah!! That's what you told us on here!

Oh well, there's one thing for certain. You are ENTIRELY FULL OF ****!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    That's strange! I thought you were an Ivy League College educated statistician that worked for the big pharmaceutical companies? I wonder where I got that from? Oh yeah!! That's what you told us on here!

Oh well, there's one thing for certain. You are ENTIRELY FULL OF ****!!!!
                    Just got to my hotel and caught up on this thread again. Outside of name calling very good points from every direction.
                    Hey! Big pharma , technology and oil rule the new world order!!![emoji3]
                    Thank you BASF, Eli Lilly and Biogen Idec for what you provided to my family over 23 years.
                    Carry On......lol!!![emoji106] [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Wow.....just catching up to this thread. Sitting on a plane to Colorado now so I will just say, "the constant/consistent" choas is damaging to all of us!!! There is zero debate no matter who or what party, who u voted for or why. [emoji102]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                      Lmao! Damaging to who...certainly not you since you are on a plane to Colorado for whatever reason.lol Let's be realistic for a minute here. Someone like yourself who likes to claim they are a conservative but yet fly's to Washington D.C. to see the biggest liberal dirt bag to ever sit as President of the United States sworn in speaks volumes my friend. Uh, well, uh...it was paid for, umm, it was a part of history, uh...ummmm, uh. Come on Oscar, you're better than that! I'm buying you a Trump camo hat for this upcoming bow season.

So some here don't like the man which automatically will have them nit picking crap to say he isn't doing a good job. That's called a blind fold. I'm seeing plenty of good being done...not about to get in a pissing match over it. Fact is, we just wiped 8 years of dog **** off our shoes, respect to the white house has been restored, patriotism is flowing red, white n blue through our veins once again, manufacturing is at an all time high (I know, that's what I do for a living) and life is just plain good! Go Trump!!
                      Last edited by Johnny; 08-02-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                        Three clicks exposes this about the author of your linked article:

Bobby Azarian is a cognitive neuroscientist at George Mason University. His work has been published in journals like Cognition & Emotion and Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, and he has written for sites like Slate, The Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, and Scientific American. He also runs the website Science Is Sexy. Follow him @BobbyAzarian.

One more click, comments from the author:

"It is wrong to assume that I am an extreme liberal because I'm critical of Trump and point out conservatives' hypersensitivities and negativity biases. I have been critical of the left in other articles. As a scientist, I'm naturally a progressive, but unfortunately some progressives have become regressive due to failing to stay within the "common sense zone." However, there is no doubt that overall, with a huge emphasis on the word "overall", the left values rational thought and logic more than the right, as the the (new) right is fundamentally opposed to science and evidence, in many regards."

Your source is so biased, he doesn't even recognize that his own viewpoint clouds his objectivity rendering his conclusions to be no more valid than DNC talking points. He clearly chastises those on the left who aren't as far left as he is.

Fake news, bud. Author's credibility is zero.
                        Glad I saw this response, as it exemplifies an issue I've noticed with how many conservative and liberal political ideologues see news and formulate opinions that are uniformed and unreasoned. Rather than make clicks to investigate the scientific research specifically referenced in the article, you instead focused on the author, who had nothing to do with the scientific research. This flawed and, in my opinion, lazy approach to vetting information is something I've frequently seen from conservative ideologues when discussing a number of scientific subjects. This contributes to the anti-science / anti-intellectualism criticism often directed at segments of the conservative political movement.

What's disappointing is that all 3 scientific studies were clearly linked in the article, yet you entirely ignored the scientists and their published research and instead declared the whole thing "fake news" based on the messenger. The problem with this should be obvious.

If the politics of the messenger bothers you, then take him out of the equation. Below are links to the 3 scientific studies that the article was based on. The same approach can be taken with other scientific subjects - ignore the messenger and examine the science.

The political left rolls with the good and the political right confronts the bad: connecting physiology and cognition to preferences

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.o...640.full#aff-1

Political attitudes vary with physiological traits.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18801995

Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/...2811%2900289-2

Comment

Vermin93 in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            Lmao! Damaging to who...certainly not you since you are on a plane to Colorado for whatever reason.lol Let's be realistic for a minute here. Someone like yourself who likes to claim they are a conservative but yet fly's to Washington D.C. to see the biggest liberal dirt bag to ever sit as President of the United States sworn in speaks volumes my friend. Uh, well, uh...it was paid for, umm, it was a part of history, uh...ummmm, uh. Come on Oscar, you're better than that! I'm buying you a Trump camo hat for this upcoming bow season.

So some here don't like the man which automatically will have them nit picking crap to say he isn't doing a good job. That's called a blind fold. I'm seeing plenty of good being done...not about to get in a pissing match over it. Fact is, we just wiped 8 years of dog **** off our shoes, respect to the white house has been restored, patriotism is flowing red, white n blue through our veins once again, manufacturing is at an all time high (I know, that's what I do for a living) and life is just plain good! Go Trump!!
                            Johnny you ever get into my neck of the woods I would love to buy you a drink or two. Well said sir

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              Glad I saw this response, as it exemplifies an issue I've noticed with how many conservative and liberal political ideologues see news and formulate opinions that are uniformed and unreasoned. Rather than make clicks to investigate the scientific research specifically referenced in the article, you instead focused on the author, who had nothing to do with the scientific research. This flawed and, in my opinion, lazy approach to vetting information is something I've frequently seen from conservative ideologues when discussing a number of scientific subjects. This contributes to the anti-science / anti-intellectualism criticism often directed at segments of the conservative political movement.

What's disappointing is that all 3 scientific studies were clearly linked in the article, yet you entirely ignored the scientists and their published research and instead declared the whole thing "fake news" based on the messenger. The problem with this should be obvious.

If the politics of the messenger bothers you, then take him out of the equation. Below are links to the 3 scientific studies that the article was based on. The same approach can be taken with other scientific subjects - ignore the messenger and examine the science.

The political left rolls with the good and the political right confronts the bad: connecting physiology and cognition to preferences

Political attitudes vary with physiological traits.

Although political views have been thought to arise largely from individuals' experiences, recent research suggests that they may have a biological basis. We present evidence that variations in political attitudes correlate with physiological traits. In a group of 46 adult participants with strong p …

Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/...2811%2900289-2

In a nut shell, your scientific "studies" are polls and surveys. Ask certain questions, add up the answers. And you know what they found? Liberals tend to go with the "feel good" method of decision making, while conservatives tend to lean to doing what is right for the whole. They look further down the road than just what makes you happy NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post

Your assumption is incorrect. I clicked through and read all the linked "studies" from your original post. I seriously wonder if YOU actually read them because, as I noted, Azarian's biased conclusions aren't supported by the studies he himself cites. One study he references states:

"Be this as it may, the central message of these findings is not that one political orientation is somehow superior to the other but rather that, in light of the connection between location on the political spectrum and physio-cognitive differences, those on the political right and those on the political left may simply experience the world differently. It is probably because of these differences that some on the right view those on the left as hedonists who ignore pressing issues while some on the left view those on the right as doomsayers who obsess over constructed threats and problems".

From that, Azarian concludes:

"This would seem to explain why so many major conservative viewpoints tend to be rooted in irrational fears—like fear of the president, immigrants, Muslims, vaccinations, etc."

So, the conservatives viewpoints are "irrational", but he ignores that the study proposes liberals are "hedonists". That is a dishonest and biased conclusion no different from saying a flipped coin is overwhelmingly unfair because it lands heads-up 51% of the time.

Azarian cites another "study" in his article:

“Conservatism, apparently, helps to protect people against some of the natural difficulties of living. The fact is we don’t live in a completely safe world. Things can and do go wrong. But if I can impose this order on it by my worldview, I can keep my anxiety to a manageable level.” This could explain the two parties’ different stances on gun control. It only makes sense that those who startle more easily are also the ones that believe they need to own a gun."

No mention of an alternative conclusion that liberals may be oblivious to potentially threatening stimuli to their own (and everyone else's) detriment. Azarian again shows his biased viewpoint that the liberal mindset is the correct, default position.

Azarian cites the same "study" again to make a different point:

"A 2008 study catalogued items found in the bedrooms of college students and saw that while liberals owned more books and travel-related items, conservatives had more things that kept order in their lives, like calendars and cleaning supplies. This tells us that liberals more often seek adventure and novel experiences. Conservatives, on the other hand, seem to prefer a more ordered, disciplined lifestyle. This could help explain why they are so resistant to change and progressive policies

From this, Azarian concludes that: "Conservatives fear new experiences". Seriously??? Looking at college kids dorm rooms to decipher conservatives attitudes is absolutely ridiculous and NOT science. Ironically, it does provide some evidence to support the idea that liberals are lazy, dirty slobs, but that would be just as ridiculous.

Lastly, Azarian cites a study that finds conservatives have larger amygdalas than liberals and liberals have larger "gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex".

He makes the claim that "an oversized amygdala could create a heightened sensitivity that may cause one to habitually overreact to anything that appears to be a potential threat, whether it actually is one or not". What is overreaction and how does one gauge it? It is completely subjective. He offers the WMD example but fails to offer a contradictory example: Obama's "habitual" under-reaction to: North Korea, Russia's supposed "meddling" in the election, etc.

Azarian repeats a pattern of interpreting study data from his own, highly biased viewpoint, then writes a click-bait article designed to draw in the Trump-haters. Hence, he's still fake news. Both your posts are thinly veiled ad hominem attacks that seem to push the conservatives-can't-help-themselves, they-have-brain-abnormalities meme straight out of Rules for Radicals.

If we take Azarian's biases out of the links you posted and fairly interpret the study findings it completely changes the outcome and leaves the reader with only ONE reasonable conclusion:

1. Conservatives and liberals brains are different. (Pretty sure we all knew this already).

Comment

Working...
                                X