Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my list also, It's a pretty long list. Congrats to your brother

Comment

Congrats to Bobby and Jerry both and kudos to JW for giving Bobby the opportunity at such a great animal.. Can't wait to see pics.

>E

Comment

Yeah its for sure on my list, i think i have might have too long of a list though.

Comment

RDRDr...just an FYI...$4900 for a stag up to 340 is WAY over current market.
          And with the new regs, you can fly back with your horns and cape AND 50 lbs of meat!
          Headed back in June to guide a couple of hunts then break of a piece of something fun for me!

387 is a heck of a stag! They must REALLY like your brother!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
            RDRDr...just an FYI...$4900 for a stag up to 340 is WAY over current market.
            And with the new regs, you can fly back with your horns and cape AND 50 lbs of meat!
            Headed back in June to guide a couple of hunts then break of a piece of something fun for me!

387 is a heck of a stag! They must REALLY like your brother!

Yeah, like I said, I could have gotten it a little bit cheaper but I looked at ALOT of different outfitters and wanted one that I knew my wife would enjoy. There weren't any that had the comforts that I needed for my wife for less money.

Comment

Congrats to Bobby. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Comment

"Honey, I've got to run over to New Zealand to kick my brother's butt. Could you pack my huntin' clothes?"

Sounds like the story I used to tell my wife in my heathen days when I'd come home way too late. "Honey, my brother was down in the dumps about a fight with his wife and I just had to stay and comfort him."

Sounds pretty lame, but I've used 'em both.

Comment

John tell your Bobby to hurry up and send pics I would like to see these monsters both of them got.

Comment

Still no pics. I guess he's gotten serious over a fallow. That 2 minute phone call will probably cost a fortune. LOL He's due back the 13th, I think. I guess he's going to make us wait til then. I know he bought a laptop so he could email. Maybe there's no electricity in NZ yet. LOL

Comment

Nice...

Congrats to both!

Comment

Good stuff Doc! Definitely sounds like a GREAT time being had by all!!!

Comment

I need to kill an elk first and maybe a caribou, but a stag is something I'd love to kill. I don't have anywhere to hang one, but I'd like to kill one. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                            I need to kill an elk first and maybe a caribou, but a stag is something I'd love to kill. I don't have anywhere to hang one, but I'd like to kill one. LOL
                            Heck, a elk & caribou take up the same amount of room Doc. Just bust a hole in that ceiling and add on.

Comment

Well, it's not that there's no room, actually. Just convincing the wife to LET me hang more might be the problem. We have this big ol' Texas star over the fireplace. I have my axis on the brick at the hearth waiting for the right time to hang it. Now if it were me, I'd take that star down and put him there, but there's not much worse than getting on the blonde's bad side. LOL I also have two big places to the right and left of our high ceiling. Mailman and I are planning on putting the axis on one side when the blonde is off on a trip or something. We may have to hide the ladder so she can't do anything about it when she gets home. I want to put my 3 150's on the high ceiling, but that would go over my limit of 6 animals on that wall. That may be something that takes another sneak attack. I've almost filled up a wall in the garage with my older and smaller heads. I may have to quit hunting I guess. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                                Well, it's not that there's no room, actually. Just convincing the wife to LET me hang more might be the problem. We have this big ol' Texas star over the fireplace. I have my axis on the brick at the hearth waiting for the right time to hang it. Now if it were me, I'd take that star down and put him there, but there's not much worse than getting on the blonde's bad side. LOL I also have two big places to the right and left of our high ceiling. Mailman and I are planning on putting the axis on one side when the blonde is off on a trip or something. We may have to hide the ladder so she can't do anything about it when she gets home. I want to put my 3 150's on the high ceiling, but that would go over my limit of 6 animals on that wall. That may be something that takes another sneak attack. I've almost filled up a wall in the garage with my older and smaller heads. I may have to quit hunting I guess. LOL
                                I like the strategy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X