New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Nope. Doctor said 16 weeks before I can put that kind of torque on it, so about mid to end of Nov. Im going to have that hernia surgery around Nov 1 so end of Nov for swinging the clubs. Cant recall if you have had any other joint surgeries, if not, I can tell you from my many that it really does take about a year before they feel completely normal. Just keep on keeping on and it will be great in the long run. My ortho doctor and now this hernia doctor have both given me the speech about leaving the heavy weight and low reps for the younger guys and do nothing but lower weight and high reps. Im so dang competitive with myself it is hard to give it up. Im getting tired of breaking my body so I think Im finally going to listen, lol.
    Dang, that sucks. I wish I still played, but my back just won't handle that torque any more either. I've had two meniscus repairs,one on each knee, but within about 3 months I was back to normal pretty much. This one is kicking my arse. I know full recovery will take awhile. I'm a patient person especially with other folks, but I am NOT patient with myself. Getting old doesn't suck, it's the associated crap that goes along with it that sucks. Since retiring in 2010 I've had 5 surgeries. I hope that's all for awhile unless my L4/L5 gets so bad I can't stand it.

I've not had a Dr. tell me to quit lifting heavy. Yet.

Comment

Back and triceps today. Good, solid day in the gym considering I didn't want to drag my arse outta the bed.

3 warm upsets of lat pull downs and tricep pushdowns and 5 miutes on treadmill. Then 3-4 working sets of 8-12 reps. Heaviest back day I've done in a while and it felt awesome.

Seated bilateral lat pull down/body weight dips.
      T-bar row/skullcrushers
      Low row supinated grip/overhead rope extensions(final set of low row was strip set
      Reverse cable fly
      Completed all of my hip therapy exercises at the end.

Tomorrow will be shoulders and legs

Comment

Short 1 hr session in the gym today. 10 minute warm up and then all chest.

Comment

11-11-11 challenge today.
          1) 11 box jumps.
          2) 11 burpees.
          3) 11 pistol squats each leg.
          4) 11 burpees.
          5) 11 split squat jumps each leg.
          6) 11 burpees.
          7) 11 plyo push-ups.
          8) 11 burpees.
          9) 11 hand stand push-ups (better than ever, but still pretty sad!)
          10) 11 burpees.
          11) 11 plank walkouts.
          In under 11 minutes (10:28).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Heels to heaven.
            Jackknives.
            Plank marches.
            Plank knee to opposite elbow.
            2 rounds.

Comment

Cardio, biceps and triceps today.

Comment

DB crossover lunges.
                DB step ups.
                DB single arm rows.
                DB curl and press.
                Upper body box step ups.
                DB L raises.

Comment

Still on my p 90. 47 days in. I have kinda slowed down on the weight loss so I think I'm changing my diet up. How does carb cycling work?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                    Still on my p 90. 47 days in. I have kinda slowed down on the weight loss so I think I'm changing my diet up. How does carb cycling work?

Carb cycling works very well if you are disciplined enough to actually stick to it. The one I looked at was 100, 200, 300, 100, 200, 300, 100 per week. I wasnt about to try to figure out a meal plan that would work for that.

Leg workout and cardio today for me.

Comment

Last edited by coldgas; 10-06-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Light squats, hamstring curls and seated calve raises. Hammy felt good, not going to push it till another couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Carb cycling works very well if you are disciplined enough to actually stick to it. The one I looked at was 100, 200, 300, 100, 200, 300, 100 per week. I wasnt about to try to figure out a meal plan that would work for that.

Leg workout and cardio today for me.
                          Thanks. I started yesterday and well see how it works.

Comment

It was a pretty good gym day today. Supersets with heavier weight. 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets. Back and biceps 3X8-10.

Seated bilateral lat pulldown/barbell curl
                            Low row/hammer curl
                            Bodywieght ring pullups/incline dumbbell curls
                            Overhead cable curls
                            Hip exercises

Comment

Been at the gym everyday hitting it hard. Today was fairly light, just warm up, shoulders and traps.

Comment

Chest and triceps today. Supersets after 3 warmup sets and 5 minutes walking on treadmill.

Flat bench 3X5 at about 90% of one rep max
                                Seated wide grip press (bilateral)/bodyweight dips
                                Incline chest press (bilateral)/Overhead rope extension
                                Incline chest fly/cable kickbacks

Going a little bit heavier every day. Bench press performance is killing me. I'll probably never bench 300 again but I'm gonna give it a shot.

I lost 12 pounds after surgery. I've gained that back and some. I'm 5 pounds short of my target weight of 235, but my BF% is way too high. Time to lay off the carbs and crap food.

Tomorrow is legs and shoulders day.

Comment

Working...
                                X