Texas Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,
    I'm very new to forums and it's awesome to read about all the success,frustrations and people excited about hunting.
    Started public land scouting this year and holy crap is it frustrating lol. Been scouting lbj for Turkey 4 units down and nojoy look forward to another weekend of walking the land.
    Glad to be here

Comment

I enjoy lbj grasslands for hog and turkey but I put lots of time in , will be scouting corps of engineers lands around the lake in 5 hours .look into it and good luck

Comment

Any luck this weekend?

Comment

I'm another newbie looking for any advice regarding turkey hunting public land withing 2-3 hours of the DFW area. I usually hunt private land in Louisiana, but would love to find somewhere closer I could go on occasion. I have spent hours trying to understand the regulations and where to I could go, but have found it confusing and frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Corp land around a few of the lakes will have birds......Texoma, Aquila, Pat Mayse and Coffee Mill..... Scout a lot, call a little, walk and listen a lot.... Hunt during the week if possible....Be patient.....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Are turkeys in the LBJ eastern or Rio’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Twin Buttes in San Angelo

Comment

Halfway through my LBJ weekend turkey trip. No birds yet. If it was deer season I’d be packing it up already lol.

Comment

If it were deer season all you would have seen were turkeys.

Comment

Hunted LBJ all weekend. Saw turkeys every day. Birds are smart enough to stay on private though.

Same report with deer, those things were everywhere, and not afraid of me one bit.

Also the wind sucked this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cprothro View Post
                        If it were deer season all you would have seen were turkeys.
                        I hunted near San Angelo and saw several deer and zero reports of anyone seeing turkeys I posted abt it and the deer hunters all said lots of turkeys in the fall go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Hunted LBJ all weekend. Saw turkeys every day. Birds are smart enough to stay on private though.

Same report with deer, those things were everywhere, and not afraid of me one bit.

Also the wind sucked this weekend.

The wind was absolutely terrible. MIL sent me a video from her backyard in Bowie, had turkeys in her yard all day Sunday after I left.

Comment

Originally posted by bghunter777 View Post
                            I hunted near San Angelo and saw several deer and zero reports of anyone seeing turkeys I posted abt it and the deer hunters all said lots of turkeys in the fall go figure.

Just a rookie asking here but does strong winds really deter turkeys to stay hidden or stay away?

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                              Just a rookie asking here but does strong winds really deter turkeys to stay hidden or stay away?

After this weekend, I won’t be out hunting turkeys if gusts get over 15mph again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                After this weekend, I won’t be out hunting turkeys if gusts get over 15mph again lol.

I’ve been recommended to try LBJ grasslands but they have had bad luck this season too. I’m still gonna go but during the week and try myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X