No announcement yet.

Bulk Cottonseed Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are ya'll buying bulk in South Texas? Close to Encinal?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      As expensive as bagged CS is, I couldn't imagine paying that price when it is semi-light and a grain shovel makes quick work out of it. But I guess some folks have more money than shoveling drive..

I used a grain shovel from a bed of my truck to the top of the tote frame. If my big arse can shovel 1200 lbs per feeder and have little issue, I'd think most folks could handle it on the smaller wire feeders..

[ATTACH]899420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899421[/ATTACH]
      Is that an F150? I’m getting my first truck bed load next week. Curious how many bulk pounds fit in a 5.5’ bed F150

Comment

Short bed F350 with a 1.5’ deep truck toolbox. Basically leaves me 5’ of bed. I got 1500 in it the other day. It was rounded off, above my sides and was a pita with the tarp compared to the load pictured above where it was flat and the same height as my sides ......but I made it work.

Comment

I can get 1100 lbs in my 5.5ft ram bed trampled down evdn with the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Short bed F350 with a 1.5’ deep truck toolbox. Basically leaves me 5’ of bed. I got 1500 in it the other day. It was rounded off, above my sides and was a pita with the tarp compared to the load pictured above where it was flat and the same height as my sides ......but I made it work.

Forgot to mention, the PITA with the overload was the corn bags we laid on the tarp to keep it down. On my rocky lease roads it kept wanting to slide off. (Worked great at bedrail level though) And the crew cab was too full to put the corn back in the cab once we got in the gate. Other than that the travel was easy. That being said if I had to travel any distance, I would keep it at bed rail level tamped down and hopefully get 1100-1200 lbs in it

Comment

Unless you use a tractor to dump it in piles on the ground, shoveling is really the only option for bulk cottonseed. We shovel it into 55 gallon trash cans and dump it into our baskets. It's a great work out but I'm pretty sore after doing about 30 feeders in a weekend. I do have a tip for you fellas using the grain/snow shovels: try using a pitch fork. It goes in easier than the shovel and the cottonseed clumps together and doesn't fall between the forks. We use shovels and pitch forks but everyone's always fighting over the pitch forks because it's a bit easier on you.

Comment

Here's the type of forks we use.

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                  When you have 75 baskets to fill, shoveling gets old...
                  Too many baskets. You need larger bulk stations where you can just dump 2-5 tons at a time in a big pen. That's how we did it on big country.

Comment

Working...
                  X