• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this right here for me.///.......

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    The .280 Rem that APR built for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I second this...

Comment

Very Happy with Horizon, they are currently building me another.

Comment

Another for the 280 ackley, though I'm shooting the 280 rem (which shoots so well I can't bring myself to re-chamber it).

Comment

GA precision, more affordable than you may think, their Templar v1 and v2 actions are built by defiance.

Comment

APR is building one for my sons graduation present right now. Good price great people real helpful.

Comment

APR is building a 300WM for me now. Hope to have it by the end of next month.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                GA precision, more affordable than you may think, their Templar v1 and v2 actions are built by defiance.
                IMO, $3200 for a trued Rem 700 "Base Custom Rifle" is absurd .... you're paying for a name and the GAP rollstamp. I can build the exact same rifle for $1000 less, and it will shoot just as accurate.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precis...tom-rifle.html

George does excellent work but he's no different than Jarrett, Sisk, McWhorter, Hill Country Rifles, etc.... great marketers who found a clientele that will pay their inflated selling price.

Comment

6.5x284

Comment

308. Light fast loads for small critters, big heavy loads for anything in the contential US.

Comment

300wm.

Comment

vote for APR rifles

I have been able to shoot most of the high end customs - McWhorter, HCR, TCR, LRI, etc. but honestly for the money - you can't beat what Alamo Precision Rifles builds. I have 2 guns built by them, and they're working on a 3rd lightweight one right now. Both of them are easy 1/2 MOA and if I'm in the right mind set - more like 1/4 MOA. My BIL also has 2 guns built by APR and they also shoot the same.

Calibers so far are 270 weatherby, 7-08, and 28 nosler. They are building a 300 RUM for me right now.

My favorite thing about APR is their customer service, they don't mind bs'ing over the phone over build ideas, parts, calibers, etc. I also like that at least for me, they are local and a short drive away if I ever want to drop in and bounce some ideas of off them. Their price is competitive but not double what it actually costs to build one - like some of the others listed just because their name is on it.

Here's a few pics from my phone of groups with my APR rifles, most of them are with my lightweight 270 weatherby, which I've shot several groups in the .1's and .2's with - which for that caliber and a 7.5lb gun I feel is about as good as you can get it to shoot.

The last picture is my 28 nosler at 200 yds.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Look at those ABLRs !!!! Who said they wouldn't shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
                            Look at those ABLRs !!!! Who said they wouldn't shoot?

They are finicky as all heck but they DO shoot!

Comment

Apr building mine now... i went 308 to finish out my nato set.

For do all caliber, prob 300wm...

I got a bid from Horizon a few years ago... and all I'll say again. Alamo is building mine. Jason and Robert are great guys with a great shop

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

APR was the cheapest quote I got from anyone even on full custom

Comment

Working...
                                X