No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I wouldn't recommend a pop up blind they stick out like a sore thumb and you aren't allowed to cut brush. There is a shop down there that sells light weight aluminum tripods that work really well to get off the ground.

Comment

What height tripod?

Comment

6'

Comment

I use a 7' tripod. Anything from 6-8 will work.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            There is a shop down there that sells light weight aluminum tripods that work really well to get off the ground.
            How much are they?

Comment

Look at the The Hawk tripod. it on wheels and also doubles as a game cart to get animals/stuff in and out.

Comment

sorry, it's called the Transformer. Sells for $230ish, but some folks sell the wheel assembly separately.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    usually out around 3 tanks area.
                    What is the 3 tanks area and where is it? I cant find it on a map or google earth.

Comment

Wow! The websight says that the Hawk huntpod weighs 93 lbs. [emoji15]. The aluminum tripods we use weigh less than 20 lbs. The 1’s we use are made locally and are about the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a 4 ft tripod ( just enough to get me off the ground and away from snakes) but I have also used a 6 ft. U can’t go over 7 ft, the brush is low around here.

Comment

I use a 4 ft tripod ( just enough to get me off the ground and away from snakes) but I have also used a 6 ft. U can’t go over 7 ft, the brush is low around here.

Comment

If you're using tripod stick with 4 to 6 ft. Hunted there over 20 years it's tough but awesome place to hunt. Worry about shooting nilgai before worrying about getting them out. We've shot several over the years it's tough but they are plenty around. Our best luck has been in sec 5 & 8. Get a game cart makes it a lot easier getting things in and out. Bike on most roads can be handy as well. It's tough, you'll either love it or hate it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rchr View Post
                              Wow! The websight says that the Hawk huntpod weighs 93 lbs. [emoji15]. The aluminum tripods we use weigh less than 20 lbs. The 1’s we use are made locally and are about the same price.

Have a contact?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                                Have a contact?
                                I think it's tops n towers down there that makes them. They're on the main rd to the island, not too far from the refuge.

Comment

Working...
                                X