Some questions for peepless compound shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you aim? Where are your aiming points? Where are your anchor points?

I am relatively new to archery and I dont get to see many people shoot a variety of rigs and systems. Im thankfull TnE came back...I just learned about peepless shooters on here.

Thank yall for your input and experience.

Byron

I'm not sure exactly what you asking...

I currently use a peep sight. Since I'm doing a lot of night hunting recently, rifle for more. I've been considering removing my peep and switching to a kisser button. I'll keep my sight.

A kisser button is basically something that you attach to your string that when you draw back you can feel it at the corner of your mouth.
    They make plastic ones, I've heard of guys tying,serving, some string loop material to there now string. Some use a brass nock.

So for me if I switch my anchors would be
    1) head up, most touching string. I use this now.
    2) kisser button corner of mouth
    3) knuckle index finger base of ear behind jaw bone. Thumb under jaw. Currently use.

For me the most important thing I have to remember is keeping my head up. It forces me to bring the bow to my face and not my face to the bow.

Back straight and head up, shoulders level is proper form.

It helps ME be consistent.

Comment

I haven’t shot a peep sight in years. I anchor with the string touching the end of my nose and behind my jaw.

I also align my string on the left side of my site aperture.

Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Multiple anchors is the trick, that and consistency in form will get you hunting accurate in a shot while.

A multi-pin sight is better than a slider due to not needing to move your anchor for long distance shots.

Where the string aligns with the pins/scope is up to you; some align along the pins, others along the scope. You will have to test and see what is best.

Anchors needs to be rock solid and consistent, kisser buttons, nose to string, release hand etc.

There are also accessories to help eliminate the peep in the string.
        http://perrysnopeep.com/
        http://www.peepeliminator.com
        https://archeryinnovations.com/

Comment

I can’t stand using a peep sight. It just limits my vision way too much. I now use an anchor sight. This was a real game changer for me.

The Anchor Sight is a revolutionary bow sighting accessory that allows you to shoot more quickly and consistently than a traditional peep sight. The secret t...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Thank yall for the info and Ill dig into those websites.

Peep flipping...flips me off. When I was shooting compound peep twisting seemed to happen regularly. Id twist the string and be back in business, but it was annoying nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              I'm not sure exactly what you asking...
              I was most curious to know whether peepless shooters aimed with a front sight and what their rear sight might be... por ejemplo... a sight knot tied onto the string, and/or whatnot.

Comment

Kisser button and a nose nock is how I shoot.
                End of nose on nock and kisser in place and I'm anchored.
                Try it I bet it'll work for you

Comment

Anybody shoot peepless and with a back tension release?

Comment

Interesting, never heard of this until this thread

I’ve defintely experienced the twisting peep problem so the idea of no peep is intriguing. What are the other reasons for shooting peepless? Vision problems as eyes change in getting older?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                      Anybody shoot peepless and with a back tension release?
                      Never seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be though. As a rule people shooting handheld releases are looking for accuracy and using a peep is more accurate.

Hunters are generally the peepless bunch.

Most peepless people are this way for more light; either extend the hunting hours all the way through legal shooting times or hunting at night.

Some of the peep eliminator products do a great job of showing torque, so that can be a side benefit, but isn't usually the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                        Never seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be though. As a rule people shooting handheld releases are looking for accuracy and using a peep is more accurate.

Hunters are generally the peepless bunch.

Most peepless people are this way for more light; either extend the hunting hours all the way through legal shooting times or hunting at night.

Some of the peep eliminator products do a great job of showing torque, so that can be a side benefit, but isn't usually the main reason.
                        Thanks Rat.

Comment

Put a large kisser button 1.5" above the D Loop. It goes in the corner of your mouth. Nose on string. Done. Easily shoot 70-80.

For hunting - peeps are one more thing that WILL GO WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by RanchFairy View Post
                            Put a large kisser button 1.5" above the D Loop. It goes in the corner of your mouth. Nose on string. Done. Easily shoot 70-80.

For hunting - peeps are one more thing that WILL GO WRONG.
                            Thanks for the specifics Ranch Fairy.

Your videos are a riot.

Comment

I removed my peep several years ago but for me it was no problem because when I first started shooting a bow peeps did not exist so I already had a lot of experience shooting without one. I don't use a kisser button, string to the tip of my nose and index finger knuckle in that little pocket at the back base of ear. I align my pins just to the left of the string. I removed the peep for two reasons, my eyesight is getting worse and I hunt a lot at night so I see much better without a peep. I even took it one step further and cut the entire left side of my sight pin housing off as it blocks some of my vision and it makes it easier to see without that part of the housing. I now can see to shoot at very first and last legal shooting light and before that it was not possible. I shoot basically with the same accuracy with or without a peep at 40 yards and in, after 40 yards my accuracy is better with a peep. I can still shoot pretty darn good past 40 yards if I practice it but since I basically never shoot any animals any more over 40 yards I don't practice much past 40.

Comment

Working...
                              X