No announcement yet.

Rant about a late contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of guys go into business for themselves because most employers expect you to show up on time. I said "a lot" not all/most.

Comment

Take it from me, PLEASE. As soon as he gets to a stopping point, kick him to the curb!!!!! I'm going thru the same deal w/a big project. I should've cut him loose as soon as I saw how bad of a job he did on the slab. 4.5 months later & it's still a massive headache!!

Comment

Find someone else, problem solved, rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          He won’t be clueless when you explain it to him. In my experience, with stupid people, it’s helpful to remind them often.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Some people just have a distorted sense of reality. Even though you tell them thier shortfalls, they still think they are the best hand on the crew....I bet you have met that guy. Lol. They just can’t understand when you tell them to hit the road

Comment

It has been my experience that they all are pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              Some people just have a distorted sense of reality. Even though you tell them thier shortfalls, they still think they are the best hand on the crew....I bet you have met that guy. Lol. They just can’t understand when you tell them to hit the road
              I’d say that’s about 75% of contractors in general. I don’t know how some make it so long!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                He won’t be clueless when you explain it to him. In my experience, with stupid people, it’s helpful to remind them often.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yessir

Comment

Well he completed the job , so maybe my aggravation is over
                  I have more work but really don’t want to deal with this guys old boss ( as he is a stoner dude ) and is even more frustrating, I just hate this whole game/ process

Comment

It might be helpful to explain to the next guy up front just exactly what you expect, and just exactly what he can expect if you don’t get the results you’re looking for. It works pretty well for me.

Comment

I wouldn’t ever use him again. Let him finish this and count your losses.

Comment

Working...
                      X