Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Not a criticism of you ladder test and I'm just asking for personal info. It looks to me like your fisrt two strings have flatter groups, even with the flyer on the second.
    Do you plan to shoot another set of strings around your 6th to see if speeds are flat on either side of it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I do. I had chrono on all the shots, and the two best groups had the best SD as well. Going to check 0.2 either side of both good ones. Then fiddle with seating depth a little. I'm limited here to mag length. I'm not chasing tenths in the groups, just looking for a consistent 1/2 to 3/4 MOA gun.

Comment

Looks like Magpul is comming out with a replacement stock also. Might be a purchase in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
        Looks like Magpul is comming out with a replacement stock also. Might be a purchase in the future.
        https://www.magpul.com/products/fire...n-short-action
        Looks like a nice piece. May have to wait on that.

Comment

Finally got this one all put together. Hoping to get it on paper this weekend.
          Attached Files

Comment

Not a RAP, but I just purchased a left handed Ruger Hawkeye FTW edition. It's stainless with a natural gear cammo stock ( factory ) it comes threaded & with a muzzle brake. I will pick it up in a few days then put some good glass on it then she what she likes to eat. I'll post reviews after a few rounds down range

Comment

Dang. Y'all are dropping some coin on these "budget" rifles. Not staying budget for long LOL. The 6CM has my interest in a cheap truck gun.

Comment

I've got just over $500 in this one, it's my 6 year olds. He likes it.

Here's the pics with the stock. I haven't had time for final fit and bedding the lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Here's the pics with the stock. I haven't had time for final fit and bedding the lugs.

Nice stock!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Whatever you need to tell the wife is fine by me![emoji56]

Comment

Y'all are making me consider putting off buying a pistol and getting one of these. I'm inheriting a .260 from my grandpa but this would be really tempting if a hot deal came up

Comment

My "custom budget rifle" is complete! I have around $950 in it total. I ended up getting a steal on the Viper HS 4-16x44 and a deal on the stock. Added a muzzlebrake and aluminum bolt shroud. The stock is a custom Boyd's prairie hunter with upgrades. I ended up fiberglass bedding the v-blocks on my own and that saved me around $200. The action is in there super tight and the barrel free floats. Should shoot even better than before. Oh yeah, I also cut the trigger spring down to lessen the pull.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          My "custom budget rifle" is complete! I have around $950 in it total. I ended up getting a steal on the Viper HS 4-16x44 and a deal on the stock. Added a muzzlebrake and aluminum bolt shroud. The stock is a custom Boyd's prairie hunter with upgrades. I ended up fiberglass bedding the v-blocks on my own and that saved me around $200. The action is in there super tight and the barrel free floats. Should shoot even better than before. Oh yeah, I also cut the trigger spring down to lessen the pull.

What brake is that?

Looks good man!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                            What brake is that?

Looks good man!

The brake is from Anarchy Outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Where'd you get the aluminum bolt shroud?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                                Where'd you get the aluminum bolt shroud?

Comment

Working...
                                X