Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://gladesarmory.com/12/ruger. Also bolt handles.

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/ruger...lt-shroud.html And metal bolt shrouds.... somebody makes titanium shrouds, but I couldn't find them right away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Anarchy makes the titanium shrouds. I've got that part and the bolt handle from glades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chad C; 05-23-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        It has arrived

That is bad arse!

Comment

It has arrived
          Get this installed yet?

Comment

Got two things accomplished this weekend. Successful ladder test on Friday morning and rang 600 yard steel on Saturday.

Shooting the 143 ELD-X over H4350, I did a 3 round per charge ladder test from 39.5 gr to 42 gr in 0.5 increments. From a previous range day I had determined that 42.5 was showing pressure signs, little bit of primer crater and ejector swipe on the head. Target was at 300 yards here. I color coated the bullets for each load with different sharpie markers. Worked great to tell which shots were which, wonderful since my GoPro flaked out on me. I'm going to work around load number 6, the 42 grain load. Velocity for it was 2729, 2730 and 2733.

Had my son with me Saturday morning. He hasn't shot this gun before, and hasn't ever shot any further than 100 yards. He is a pistol nut, former state champion in SPP steel challenge. He shot a few rounds at 100 to get a feel for it, as well as the mechanics of running a bolt gun. "Quit flinging my brass out on the concrete!" Was a common saying by me that morning. We moved over to the 300 yard range, and he put 2 inside of an inch. Same bench, just a little left now, there is the 350 yard gong. Went 6 for 6 on it.

Then it was time to go long. 18" plate at 600 yards. He went prone for it. My ballistics program says 13.4 MOA of drop at 600, 84". MOA turret on the scope, so I told him to dial to 13.5. I attempted to call wind, it was swirling bad, but mostly from behind. Told him hold center and send it. Impact! Repeated 3 more times, slight wind calls as needed.

The result:

To say I'm pleased with him is an understatement.

Comment

It's sitting on my gun bench

Comment

It's sitting on my gun bench

Come on already! I want to see the finished product! Can't decide if I want to do one of these or a chassis.

Comment

Yeah I can't wait to see this installed. Can't decide if I want to go with one of these or a classic style Boyd's. I must say I love the functionality of the one you bought

Comment

So first time out to shoot the Ruger 6.5 creedmoor and was very pleased on accuracy.

Now heres my issue. I have the Vortex HST Scope 6-24x50 MOA and on the elevation turret I am almost maxed out on how far the turret can go up. I only have 13 MOA left until it maxes out and almost the same thing on the windage. I have read this is a problem and to get a 20 MOA rail to mount the scope on. Is anyone else have this issue?

Comment

Extremely pleased with the accuracy on this gun. Out to the 385 yard gong this weekend without breaking a sweat.

I went with an old-school SWFA fixed 10x, which so far has been a perfect scope for it.

Comment

So, what is the consensus on best performing factory ammo for this rifle in 6.5cm?
                        Looks like OP was using 120gr. AMAX, and seeing a lot of yall bragging on the 143 ELD-x.

Im wanting to set up a feeder at the end of a 500 yard shooting lane to take out some piggies, sniper style. Thinking heavier bullets for longer distance. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by T_Sebastian View Post
                          So, what is the consensus on best performing factory ammo for this rifle in 6.5cm?
                          Looks like OP was using 120gr. AMAX, and seeing a lot of yall bragging on the 143 ELD-x.

Im wanting to set up a feeder at the end of a 500 yard shooting lane to take out some piggies, sniper style. Thinking heavier bullets for longer distance. Is that correct?
                          Mine did not like the lighter bullets AT ALL. Like 3" groups at 100 yards. 143's go into an inch or less without trying too hard.

Comment

I'm using 143 because I wanted a heavier round for hunting. No experience with any others

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                              Got two things accomplished this weekend. Successful ladder test on Friday morning and rang 600 yard steel on Saturday.

Shooting the 143 ELD-X over H4350, I did a 3 round per charge ladder test from 39.5 gr to 42 gr in 0.5 increments. From a previous range day I had determined that 42.5 was showing pressure signs, little bit of primer crater and ejector swipe on the head. Target was at 300 yards here. I color coated the bullets for each load with different sharpie markers. Worked great to tell which shots were which, wonderful since my GoPro flaked out on me. I'm going to work around load number 6, the 42 grain load. Velocity for it was 2729, 2730 and 2733.

Had my son with me Saturday morning. He hasn't shot this gun before, and hasn't ever shot any further than 100 yards. He is a pistol nut, former state champion in SPP steel challenge. He shot a few rounds at 100 to get a feel for it, as well as the mechanics of running a bolt gun. "Quit flinging my brass out on the concrete!" Was a common saying by me that morning. We moved over to the 300 yard range, and he put 2 inside of an inch. Same bench, just a little left now, there is the 350 yard gong. Went 6 for 6 on it.

Then it was time to go long. 18" plate at 600 yards. He went prone for it. My ballistics program says 13.4 MOA of drop at 600, 84". MOA turret on the scope, so I told him to dial to 13.5. I attempted to call wind, it was swirling bad, but mostly from behind. Told him hold center and send it. Impact! Repeated 3 more times, slight wind calls as needed.

The result:

To say I'm pleased with him is an understatement.
                              Not a criticism of you ladder test and I'm just asking for personal info. It looks to me like your fisrt two strings have flatter groups, even with the flyer on the second.
                              Do you plan to shoot another set of strings around your 6th to see if speeds are flat on either side of it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the update on the Ruger. I love my ruger American. Wish I had waited for the predator that was threaded.
                                But my .270 with vortex v-brite makes it a great lightweight hunting rifle.
                                Accurate and zero complaints in the field 20+ animals later.

Comment

Working...
                                X