Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
    I’d kill 10 or so a year in Burkett.
    Sheesh man, don’t tell me that. I’m only about 5 mi west of Burkett. We have never seen one. And according to this map no “official confirmation” for Coleman Cty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9535C1F5-2498-4ADC-A057-31EF4B4CEB5B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	24539714

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Sheesh man, don’t tell me that. I’m only about 5 mi west of Burkett. We have never seen one. And according to this map no “official confirmation” for Coleman Cty.

[ATTACH]908644[/ATTACH]
      That map is a joke! They are all over those green counties. There are tons in eastland Co.

Comment

[QUOTE=SuperExotics;13383714]I’d kill 10 or so a year in Burkett.[/QUOTE

Our place is just south of Cross Plains and we have our share of Copperheads and rattlesnakes,killed a copperhead on the back porch last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
          That map is a joke! They are all over those green counties. There are tons in eastland Co.
          Just realized there was no legend on the map. Orange counties represent new confirmed, all other colors represent previously known counties prior to a 1998 date. White counties are no confirmation

Sounds like we have just been lucky. We have plenty of hardwood bottom for them to hide amongst the leaves, several seasonal creek bottoms and 2 stock ponds. Habitat a plenty I would think

Comment

I'm 8 miles west of Madsionville off 21 owed my place over 6 years. Lived there full time 2.5 years only killed 2 in that time

Comment

I have a few buddies that have caught Copperheads around Waynoka,Oklahoma. They're not supposed to be there. I've found and caught a few different species of snakes that aren't supposed to be in this part of the country that were. Whether they got carried here on the river or what happened there's no telling but you just never know.

I have another friend that swears he caught one in the Panhandle but he put it in the same tank with a king snake he had and the king snake ate it. So I never got to see it. If he did in fact catch a Copperhead here I'm guessing someone had it and let it go or something.
              Last edited by okrattler; 05-20-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

We do have them in Coleman County, killed 2 this week just south of Burkett. Been killing off my place for years.

Comment

Working...
                X