Side Hustle Dream Trip Challenge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    This is part of what I want to do...shirts hats and stickers.. I have about 3 designs right now, the equipment can get steep!

I was in the t-shirt design, and screen printing business many years ago. Going to crawfish festivals, and events were good weekend money makers.

Comment

Keep the ideas flowing. Lol

I'm thinking more and more everyday about a side hustle that will lead to me possibly purchasing a vacation rental.

Comment

Here is the plan I have in place on how i am going to go about this challenge.

About a year ago I opened a “hunting” savings account that I set up in order to save money that goes directly to future hunts. However in the past 8 months or so I have used it more for my play money account when i didn’t want my wife complaining about me spending money. I spent like $2400 on a Vegas trip in July and own basically every piece of kuiu gear made. So I drained a lot of what I had saved. That is stopping now. I usually put $150 a week of my paycheck into this account and I will continue to do that. My “hunting” account is currently at around $2300.

The first thing I am going to do it sell a lot of stuff that I have and that I don’t use. I really liked the minimalist documentary and I really do feel like the more junk I have the more it stresses me out. So I like the idea of getting rid of a lot of my clutter first and seeing how much money I can raise that way. Technically I guess it’s not a side hustle but it is a good way to save up some money and get rid of some clutter.

Second thing I am gonna do is continue to grow my YouTube channel. I have some buddies who have a very big following and they both told me I’m dumb for not doing it. I added up how many views I have and if I was monetizing it I would have made about $650 last year. This also gives me the option to make shirts, stickers and merch in the future.

Last thing for now is look for some items to flip and maybe even find a part time guiding job for a few weekends this fall.

Yesterday I was able to sell $70 worth of stuff including a knife and 40 foot of D loop material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run guided fishing trips on the weekend to pay for my boat
          Click image for larger version

Name:	5667FD44-6CCC-4E7F-9546-5B8812AB4160.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	24592309

Click image for larger version

Name:	74F99A83-E61D-4EF2-B578-7CFD24EC97EC.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	24592310

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Here is the plan I have in place on how i am going to go about this challenge.

About a year ago I opened a “hunting” savings account that I set up in order to save money that goes directly to future hunts. However in the past 8 months or so I have used it more for my play money account when i didn’t want my wife complaining about me spending money. I spent like $2400 on a Vegas trip in July and own basically every piece of kuiu gear made. So I drained a lot of what I had saved. That is stopping now. I usually put $150 a week of my paycheck into this account and I will continue to do that. My “hunting” account is currently at around $2300.

The first thing I am going to do it sell a lot of stuff that I have and that I don’t use. I really liked the minimalist documentary and I really do feel like the more junk I have the more it stresses me out. So I like the idea of getting rid of a lot of my clutter first and seeing how much money I can raise that way. Technically I guess it’s not a side hustle but it is a good way to save up some money and get rid of some clutter.

Second thing I am gonna do is continue to grow my YouTube channel. I have some buddies who have a very big following and they both told me I’m dumb for not doing it. I added up how many views I have and if I was monetizing it I would have made about $650 last year. This also gives me the option to make shirts, stickers and merch in the future.

Last thing for now is look for some items to flip and maybe even find a part time guiding job for a few weekends this fall.

Yesterday I was able to sell $70 worth of stuff including a knife and 40 foot of D loop material.

Does your channel have a name? a logo? sell merch from your channel

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I was in the t-shirt design, and screen printing business many years ago. Going to crawfish festivals, and events were good weekend money makers.
              My main thing with it will be my two brands, which I will link up with my idea for a youtube channel, it will be based off of people just getting outdoors that don't know much about it. On the side (to supplement my "brands" will be making shirts and stickers (and eventually hats for people).

Comment

Comment

I guide several weekends a year, do lots of Euros... it’s been great hunting money. I need To figure out some more ideas to keep it flowing! Definitely have plenty of stuff to sale.
                  Short term bucket list ...
                  Legit Archery Elk
                  Float plane Alaska trip

Comment

Man, I'd love to start a little side gig. My wife and I are expecting our first kid in December and I'm sure he is going to put a hurtin on the wallet.

I have been tossing ideas around in my head to start a Christmas light side gig. Some of these people doing it are killing it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      Does your channel have a name? a logo? sell merch from your channel

Yes here is my channel

My Name is JT Larkin. I am a husband, a father and proud Texan. I bow hunt, fish, play golf, poker and drink whiskey.

i think my logo is pretty cool.

I used to sell some merch from my website. I need to get some more hats and stickers made up.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Man, I'd love to start a little side gig. My wife and I are expecting our first kid in December and I'm sure he is going to put a hurtin on the wallet.

I have been tossing ideas around in my head to start a Christmas light side gig. Some of these people doing it are killing it.
                        Forget about the wallet... it's much, much more of a hurtin' on your ample free time.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                          Forget about the wallet... it's much, much more of a hurtin' on your ample free time.
                          Haha yup I bet so!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I been paying for hunting trips, guns, vacations and boats with side hustle money for 10 years. Houston rodeo is a pretty good chunk of it but I do manage 8-10 hours a week the rest of the year
                            That's the only thing I miss since retiring. Never did the rodeo but paid for a lot of hunting, fishing, and toys with Toyota Center and a few other jobs!

Just now starting to do some woodworking stuff that will bring in some play money! Don't really "need" the money but plan on using it for the play stuff like the EJs used to. Good topic though, I may just concentrate on a dream trip like the OPs topic. Hmmmmm....... maybe fishing alaska!

Comment

Welding / outboard repair for me. Unfortunately been to busy at work to do either in a while. But I get quarterly bonuses so I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post

You have no idea just how much that little dude will cost, but he will be worth it. Daycare is like a never ending Bill you don’t get any return on.

Be careful putting up light. Falling off ladders sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X