• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far were your shots?

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
        It looks and smells fine, I’m going to taste some on Sunday. I’ve got it aging in the fridge right now. I figure if it’s really as bad as some people say it is, I can at least make jerky. But I don’t think it’s going to be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Holding out for your meat report.... Looking forward to it...i have a big Ram i want to shoot, but sure would like him to be edible.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
          How far were your shots?

1st shot on the ram was 367 ( hit right shoulder), second shot was 260 (hit right shoulder), third shot was 10 ( left shoulder). Then he finally expired. These things are unbelievably tough. Needless to say, I didn’t pack out the shoulders from the ram.

Ewe was 310, but when I ejected the shot I heard my scope move. I’d fallen the day before, and I guess it jarred loose. Glasses her up, and she was limping with a wound in her back right knee (*). Fortunately, I had marked my scope where the rings were. I quickly leveled it by eye, tightened the screws with my pocket knife. And put another one in her at about 235 as she crossed from the back of the canyon to the opposite side from my perch. **** looked good, but she overtopped the rim. I got up and found good blood and chunks of lung, but no ewe. Then all of the sudden she popped up out of the brush and hobbled over to the opposite canyon rim. From there, I put another in her at about 90. Again, tough animals. This was with a creedmoor with hornady black 140 gr bullets.

Comment

This hunt was full of craziness, mishaps, etc. but y’all are gonna have to wait a while for the full story. Trying to write it into article format.

Comment

Cool trip

Comment

Nice trip!!!!!

Comment

Subbed for full story

Comment

What kind of comb pad is that on your rifle?

Comment

What a beautiful trip. I’ve been wanting to run that river for some time, now hunting it is on the list too.

Comment

Mystery solved. Aoudad, whether a battle scarred old ram, or a young ewe...

Is fantastic!

Now, it is definitely tougher than whitetail, I’d say about the chew of a tri-tip or flat iron. So I will take that into consideration and probably use it more in slow cooking applications rather than pan searing it in the future. Flavor-wise, it is pretty mild, and I really enjoyed it. So did my kids! I’m now regretting not spending more time picking all the meat off I could, that being said, I have about 60 -70 lbs of boned out meat, so not too bad.

Comment

Looks like a blast!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you got that a little too well done. Probably why it was tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              Looks like you got that a little too well done. Probably why it was tough.

Yeah, I got distracted by the kids and left it in the oven about 2 min too long. I was shooting for 7 min at 400 after the sear.

Comment

Made some progress on the euro tonight. Got the skull degreasing in borax and the horns soaking in dish soap. Will bleach and finish next weekend, then start building the pedestal/habitat. Going to do a double pedestal mount with the ewe.

Comment

Working...
                                X