No announcement yet.

AR 15 HUNTING Rifle picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my first AR build and i love it! S&W upper and lower, Daniel Defense barrel, RRA 2stage trigger, AAC 556 SD, started with EOtech, changed to Leupold VX-R.. Sweet shooting gun!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post

I really like the camo on the bottom rifle.. you do that? I'm about to paint 3 rifles and looking for ideas

Comment

Looking good. Just as i expected not alot of fancy 3 gun scopes or red dot setups. Mainly 16" barrels with 3x9 or 4-12 40mm . Low powered scopes are nice but deer hunting requires more than 4x. Especially in ar counties or managed places where being hard on antlers is a must. Hopefully it will help someone looking to decide on certain things. Alot of the gadgets look cool but not practical. Dont get me wrong the other ar thread is awesome but some are safe queens misrepresenting what a working ar looks like.

Comment

2 seasons ago. 6.5 G. 252 yards at a slow walk. he made it about 10 yards. easily my favorite gun.

my wife with the same gun last season.

Comment

Wilson Combat 6.5G with IR Hunter mark III scope
            Click image for larger version

Name:	grindal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	24558937

Comment

interesting that I haven't seen anyone put up a 6.8 yet, lots of 6.5g

I've got a complete lower that's been in the safe for almost 2 years while I decide what to put on it for a hunting rig and this thread may have pushed my decision over to the 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post

I've got a complete lower that's been in the safe for almost 2 years while I decide what to put on it for a hunting rig and this thread may have pushed my decision over to the 6.5
                with the quality bullets being made in the 6.5 world and the early issues with head spacing and cracked bolts behind the 6.5G, it's really starting to take off.

Comment

Hunting rifles

Here is a picture of my 6.8 SPC with a 230# pig.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post

My Nilgai pic above is with a 6.8spc

Comment

digital camo is a rattle can job i did, 300 BO
                      the second pics are a 308
                      Attached Files

Comment

For some reason the only pics I have got my son with my rifles??

Swine with aac built upper in 300 b.o. Song dog rifle is a frankengun I built from scratch in .204 ruger. The 204 is 100% drt and a fun gun to shoot...

Comment

Little too big for my cooler

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grendel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                              Hand painted. Do not have to worry about rust dirt or rain. Just clean the barrel and action and keep going. 5.56. Takes down hogs, deer, squirrel and everything in between.

Just bought some of the new Federal Fusion 62 grain MSR in .223. Leaving tonight on a 3 day/2 night Hunt. Gonna give it a try. Had some good results on ballistic gel anyways. We will see what it does on some flesh and bone.

Comment

From the summer. LaRue 6.5G. Only gun I carry at the ranch now.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X