No announcement yet.

Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't see a lot of twenty-year-old Skeeters ,gamblers are bass cats out there like you do Rangers that's a fact

Comment

If you ever plan on fishing Tournaments look at skeeter. Lot of Skeeter money given away. And they are good boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        You don't see a lot of twenty-year-old Skeeters ,gamblers are bass cats out there like you do Rangers that's a fact
        That’s true but I think that will eventually change. Personally I’ve always been a Ranger guy but if I were to ever get into tournament fishing it would be Skeeter just for the bonus money offered.

Comment

A guy just posted selling a 2014 Skeeter

Comment

I don't think Nitros are as bad as some suggest. Still, boats depreciate like crazy and I'd look for something used where someone else has taken the hit. The hulls don't change much over time and I'd be comfortable buying a well taken care of Ranger or Basscat that's 10-15 years old provided the engine is in good shape. Any mechanic can run a compression test and give you a good idea of what you're buying. It's easy to update the other stuff like electronics, trolling motors, etc. Skeeters are good boats as others have mentioned, but Ranger and Basscat are the benchmarks that others are judged by. That's my 2 cents.

Comment

You can surely find a well cared for older boat that’s had all the depreciation taken out of the price. There are many gems out there waiting to be found. You just need to be a little handy to fix the minor stuff that will pop up from time to time. When you are ready to move on you’ll be able to sell it for what you paid (or near enough).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I just love these threads

Comment

Hey if Kevin VanDam drives it it's got to be good

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Hey if Kevin VanDam drives it it's got to be good

He gets a free one every year.

I see more old skeeters out there than anything. Lotta Stratos, lotta Ranger, quite a few champion/charger. Smoothest boat I've ever been in was a champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold a 201 champion I sure wish I had it back.

Comment

I’d be looking st Phoenix. Great prices on awesome boats. Or I’d go used and find a champion 206 or 210. Incredible boats.

Comment

There are several very good boats out there, I ran Rangers for years, been in Tritons since 1998, if you are spending 45 K you can get a 2-3 year old fully loaded boat in several brands, these are just a few, Ranger, Triton, Skeeter, Champion, Legend, Phoenix, Charger, Bass Cat, I am sure there are more, main thing is the engine, the boats are fairly close to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            He gets a free one every year.

I see more old skeeters out there than anything. Lotta Stratos, lotta Ranger, quite a few champion/charger. Smoothest boat I've ever been in was a champion.

He probsbly gets a free one every other month! No way a nitro lasts a year the way he fishes.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Are they really as bad as everyone says they are? I’ve looked at a new Z19 and Z20 and I’m not seeing the extra money in the other boats? I’m not a tournament fisherman but my son is eat up with fishing and looking to get into a new/new to me boat. It blows me away how expensive they are now and 1 or 2 yr old boats are so high I don’t know if it’s worth the savings to not know what you are buying used.

Talk to me before you go buy one if you are getting a new one. I can possibly save you a few grand. I have a certificate for a brand new ready to fish z18. I believe it could be upgraded to a bigger boat.

I can't sell you the certificate directly per Nitro's stupid rules but I'm sure we can work something out through the dealership. I don't want to have to take possession of the boat if I don't have to.

Also my 2004 Bullet 21XD will probably be for sell soon.

Comment

The boats these days are all pretty close. Personally I would not be scared of an older boat if you don't plan to do tournaments regularly. At the end of the day they really are just fishing platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X