Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump salutes North Korean General

Why would he do this?

During his brief trip to Singapore for a historic summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, President Donald Trump was introduced to North Korean Gen. No Kwang Chol. Trump extended his hand. Chol saluted. Trump saluted back. Then the two men shook hands.

I salute co-workers all the time just to be silly. Who knows? What I do know is that NK's hat is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      I salute co-workers all the time just to be silly. Who knows? What I do know is that NK's hat is crazy!
      Thats kind of a weak comparison...... pretty sure he wasnt doing it to be silly..

but its still better than bowing.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Thats kind of a weak comparison...... pretty sure he wasnt doing it to be silly..

but its still better than bowing.
        Good thing I wasn't shooting for a strong comparison. I still think that dudes hat is silly.

Comment

I would guess he didn't know any better.Presidents are briefed on military customs and courtesyies....it may have never come up.

DJ

Comment

Good thing I wasn't shooting for a strong comparison. I still think that dudes hat is silly.
            Maybe he left it on his dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Maybe he left it on his dash.
              Zing!

Comment

He probably shouldn't have saluted.

Comment

Could fit two sliced watermelons in there if you flipped it over.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    He probably shouldn't have saluted.
                    This

Comment

Must be FAKE NEWS! No it was true! As a vet, I was insulted he saluted an officer of worst government in the world. How many other governments kill there family members. Starve there own people. But Kim did a real snow job on trump! Time will tell all the trump supporters trump, supports the Russians also. I hope other Vets on here arn't blind!!!
                      Blast away.

Comment

Because he was saluted first.. This is a military custom, whether enemy or foe you respect the higher ranking official

Comment

He’s in a reception line. What should he have done? Acted with dis respect? It’s diplomacy, he’s unconventional. Make of it what you want. History was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI both of these fail to show the video where the NK general salutes Trump first.....

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              Because he was saluted first.. This is a military custom, whether enemy or foe you respect the higher ranking official
                              How is a general a higher rank than Commander in Chief of the most powerful armed forces in the world?

Comment

Working...
                              X