Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever hunt with Austin Gay - Seguin, TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    Well, so far we've seen a nice 6pt buck, we can also hear turkey off in the distance, but the oink oinks are a no show still. My boy is having fun though.....and I'm freakin cold. Brrrrr
    Good morning:

I don't know how old your son is, but if you haven't already done so, you may want to consider enrolling him in the TYHP (Texas Youth Hunting Program):

#13 is my entry with photos of my son and his first whitetail deer kills. The minimum age to enter the program - I believe - is 9 yrs. old. By the way, your boy can SHOOT!

I have all but given up on CL listed hunts. Luckily, my son and I found a deer lease for this year. It's pricey, but at least we have a good place to go hunting.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Dave. My boy is 19 and it's been 10yrs since I last took him hunting. He lives with me now so we plan on doing tons of hunting from here on out. And yes he can flat out shoot. It also helps that dad reloads his rounds and built the rifle from the ground up..LOL

Comment

10/4, Joel45ACP. BTW, RGB is a TBH member - (shameless plug): TYHP can always use volunteers.

I don't know if you have any experience killing feral hogs, but man - IT IS WORK once you get them on the ground! My son killed four last week. I never knew their hides were so thick and tough! Good eating though.

Good luck to you and your son.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I'll look into being a volunteer Dave. Well the oink oinks piggys didn't show up but at least we had fun especially my boy who's only hunted twice, 1st time was almost 10yrs ago. He's eager to head back to the woods again.

Comment

At least you had fun. That is the best part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out again, but with my youngest boy who had never hunted. We saw tons of hog sign but no oink oinks were seen. I did almost step on a snake (rat snake) though. Scared the poop out of me. Lol. Boy had a blast and was super excited to finally have his very own AR (6.8spcll). We'll keep trying till something hits the ground. Have a safe wknd gents.
              Last edited by joel45acp; 03-17-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                Went out again, but with my youngest boy who had never hunted. We saw tons of hog sign but no oink oinks were seen. I did almost step on a snake (rat snake) though. Scared the poop out of me. Lol. Boy had a blast and was super excited to finally have his very own AR (6.8spcll). We'll keep trying till something hits the ground. Have a safe wknd gents.
                You guys need to drive out to San Saba and hunt on my ranch. Double-O-Dave has been there.

Comment

Working...
                X