No announcement yet.

Honda Pioneer 500 experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one and love it! They do offer power steering on the newer ones.

Comment

Can’t speak to the 500 but my 700-2 has been flawless for 600 hours.

Comment

My 500 is a beast ..bought it in 2015, its got a little high rack on it and I can hide right up in the brush...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          My 500 is a beast ..bought it in 2015, its got a little high rack on it and I can hide right up in the brush...

Please post pics of that setup.

Comment

When I looked at the 1000 model I thought, “I can imagine a swiveling seat mounted on top and wailing on pigs in Texas”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just picked up a stock 2015 700 pioneer. 500 miles on 91 hours, I love it. The torque and transmission shifting is very nice

Comment

Does the 500 have enough power for Colorado trail rides with 2 people?

Comment

500 has a harsh shift till it wears in. Then smooths out. But yeah noticeable clunk at first. After first oil change smooths out. Keep in mind it's a reg atv type transmission not belt driven cvt. Reg atv trans does shift smoother though.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post

I hope so- I’m planning for Montana trails and hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      Please post pics of that setup.
                      This is without the camo netting that goes around the high rack frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        This is without the camo netting that goes around the high rack frame.

That's awesome, good job!

Comment

Honda Pioneer 500 experience?

Like I said-

When I looked at the 1000 model I thought, “I can imagine a swiveling seat mounted on top and wailing on pigs in Texas”

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                            It’s marginal.

Took a pioneer 500 to Colorado last year. There were a few grades on the trail it didn’t want to go up and one I had to get out and push. It’s lack of having a low range hurts it terribly for climbing grades. The same grades were driving up by a can am 600 pulling a trailer with zero issues. the year before a 90's model Yamaha 400 did it with the trailer no issue.

I like it and it’s fine for flat land stuff but if your taking it to the mountains it may not do everything needed of it. The 700 may be a better fit for mountain hunting, I don't know
                            Last edited by txtrophy85; 06-20-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                              It’s marginal.

Took a pioneer 500 to Colorado last year. There were a few grades on the trail it didn’t want to go up and one I had to get out and push. It’s lack of having a low range hurts it terribly for climbing grades. The same grades were driving up by a can am 600 pulling a trailer with zero issues. the year before a 90's model Yamaha 400 did it with the trailer no issue.

I like it and it’s fine for flat land stuff but if your taking it to the mountains it may not do everything needed of it. The 700 may be a better fit for mountain hunting, I don't know
                              Dont mean to doubt you but that is hard to believe. My p5 has plenty of low end power and there are alot of youtube vids of them going up steep grades.

Comment

I guess steep grade is relative to what’s considered steep. Also don’t believe everything you see on tv.

I’m just relaying my expericance of using one over about a month in Colorado and then again in West Texas.

It’s a fine machine, but for a serous mountain trail rig I will look for a more capable rig

Comment

Working...
                                X