Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any right handed left eye dominate shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bowhunt left-eyed (right hand holding, left hand drawing) and have a drastically stronger left eye, but I haven't switched my shooting with a rifle to reflect it. Just can't seem to get comfortable with it.

Comment

I'm right handed, but shoot all my long guns left handed as I am left eye dominant. However, I shoot a bow right handed, but can also shoot left handed bows right-handed style, just prefer right. Never has bothered me in any way or had to cover an eye when shooting. I shoot both eyes open for shotgun so it's not an issue.

Comment

I think a lot of older people that were right handed and left eye dominant that didn't switch was due to the lack of left handed equipment being readily available 60 years ago, as they are now.

Actually it was a long time before I realized I was left eye dominant , and when I did I just sucked it up and lived with it. It really only affected my bowhunting as I didn't wing shoot very very much.

Comment

Right-handed, left eye dominant here. By the time I realized it, my subconscious method of overcoming it seemed to be working ok.

Comment

Been that way forever, but I still shoot right handed (the use of a peep helped greatly) but shooting a shotgun can become laughable sometimes!
            I have been doing it so long 40+ years that now when I do the dominant eye test, it goes back and forth between my left and right eye being dominant.

Comment

Working...
            X