Astros and Family - Must-Read Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astros and Family - Must-Read Article

So proud of my brother (the author) and the Astros...I'm a day late on posting this:

https://baseball.realgm.com/analysis...rld-Series-Win

He lives in Switzerland and so I can't complain (to him) about staying up late to watch extra innings since he is seven hours ahead of me. A 7:20 pm start for me is a 2:20 am start for him. I love my brother, and he is my favorite person to text during games.

When he talks about a longing to be back in Texas, he is partially alluding to the birth of my second son, Ellis, born one day before the start of this World Series.

Amidst sharing the video of my first son meeting his brother for the first time, my family has been sharing World Series/Astros memes on a group email thread. I am reminded to be grateful for how good it is to be emotionally close to my family even if not all of us are close geographically. It is also awesome to be a part of a loving family, and it is so awesome to finally win a World Series.

Ellis

Comment

Cool story, and nice article! Congrats on the little one

Comment

Good read. Crazy how a game can bring us closer to our families. I'm the baseball nut I am because of my father and his dad (Both had same bday.) They are both HUGE Astros fans and have been my whole life. Well my grandpa passed about ten years ago now but my dad and I have spent many a late nights talking about the game that evening. When the Astros won the WS, of course I gave my dad a call to celebrate a bit. He was a wreck... missing my grandpa. Wishing he could see it. After all, the day of Game 7, Nov 1, was their birthday. Go Astros!

Comment

Nice article, TFS.

Comment

Working...
          X