• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    https://youtu.be/8o2LGuzl0go
    Watch and you decide

That guy is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Owned an 03 F250 king ranch, paid for it twice in repairs. Wouldn't take another one period.
      Even if fixing it isn't the issue, being broke down or stranded sucks.

Comment

Junk

Comment

6 point NOOOO!!!!

Comment

Just saying with ROUTINE maintenance and NOT I say again DONT put a box on it they will be a great truck. I have a 06 250 lariat four wheel crew that pulls my forty foot triple slide fifth wheel just fine. 15.5 on hwy and 11 pulling. I swapped the egr cooler and oil cooler both with bullet proof brand parts only because I wanted to keep from having any issues. Haven't done anything else to it but filters and oil. Mostly you will here a bunch crap and negative but it's really all how you treat any of them. Good luck in your decision

Comment

04-06 f250 diesel truck

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              A 7.3 or 6.7

7.3 has no power and 6.7 is out of his budget. A Dodge with a Cummins 5.9 would be perfect.

The 7.3 is loved by the Ford fan boys only because that's all they had to hold onto for the better part 8 years worth of the worst diesel motors ever built. When the 6.0 came out it was amazing for about 2 or 3 years then it was like uh oh we better go back to the drawing board. Then they came out with the 6.4 and the ford fan boys said look at us we have the fastest diesel truck with a tune and delete. Again the ford fan boys were wrong because they couldn't keep them on the road. There's a reason most hot shot drivers run a Cummins and you hear the name Fummins from the Ford truck converting to a Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Black Ice; 09-13-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

6.7 a grocery getter

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                I have had 3, and do yourself a favor, find a 7.3, or not... I spent a 10 gallon hatful of monies on 2 of 3 and the third got stolen... the new 6.7L is a great grocery getter, (I own one).. the 7.3L is the work horse, and the 6.0L is like sleeping w/ a hooker you may do it but you dont let anyone see you...
                I had 361k on my 02-7.3 when I traded for a 2014 6.7 and that 6.7 would pull circles around my 7.3. Delete it and it's even more of a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                  That guy is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  No, marketing genius!

Comment

What about the 6.6 in a Chevy? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      7.3 has no power and 6.7 is out of his budget. A Dodge with a Cummins 5.9 would be perfect.

The 7.3 is loved by the Ford fan boys only because that's all they had to hold onto for the better part 8 years worth of the worst diesel motors ever built. When the 6.0 came out it was amazing for about 2 or 3 years then it was like uh oh we better go back to the drawing board. Then they came out with the 6.4 and the ford fan boys said look at us we have the fastest diesel truck with a tune and delete. Again the ford fan boys were wrong because they couldn't keep them on the road. There's a reason most hot shot drivers run a Cummins and you hear the name Fummins from the Ford truck converting to a Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The problem with the Cummins....there is Dodge wrapped all the way around it. I won't own another Dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                        Just saying with ROUTINE maintenance and NOT I say again DONT put a box on it they will be a great truck. I have a 06 250 lariat four wheel crew that pulls my forty foot triple slide fifth wheel just fine. 15.5 on hwy and 11 pulling. I swapped the egr cooler and oil cooler both with bullet proof brand parts only because I wanted to keep from having any issues. Haven't done anything else to it but filters and oil. Mostly you will here a bunch crap and negative but it's really all how you treat any of them. Good luck in your decision
                        Treated mine with kids gloves on timely maintenance and it still cost me $12,000 in repairs so don't tell me if you do your regular scheduled maintenance and did not mod it or treat it by doggin it everytime I got in it it will last forever. That is total BS. It is a crap shoot on if a 6.0 will last or crater.

Comment

I was meticulous on the maintenance on my 2011 Ford 6.7 diesel and the motor went out at 114,000. $6700.00 for new short block and parts and it needed the turbo replaced because it had a slight knock, $2700 for that. It went straight to dealership from repair shop and will be someone else's headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            The problem with the Cummins....there is Dodge wrapped all the way around it. I won't own another Dodge.
                            This right here! I had an '08 6.7 Cummins work truck for a while. It was a great running truck until it got up close to 200K, then you couldn't hear the radio over the rattlers. I guess I'm a "Ford Fan Boy"... but in my opinion Dodges aren't worth the trouble.

Comment

I'd recommend doing checking out all the videos on YouTube from Powerstrokehelp.com
                              All he does is these trucks. He covers the big problems on many videos with suggestions on fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLHUNTER View Post
                                Buckshot.... any info on your cousin would be nice I'm interested
                                Why ask for advise when your just going to ignore it all? The 6.0 is a POC, but hey it is your money..

Comment

Working...
                                X