No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great atmosphere and great game at the juice box last night. Gonna be a good season if the starting pitching holds up

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
      Keuchel looked back to his old self and that line-up is legit. If they can gel and get on a run, it could be a great year. Beltran looked disinterested and didn't perform, but it's early and he is the old man of the team.
      He killed it in Spring Training. He will be just fine if he can stay healthy. I think he will be a .275/20/70 kind of guy which would be awesome if that is what he ends up doing. I think there is a very realistic shot that the top 5 guys in our lineup hit 20 or more homeruns this year. Going to be fun to watch this year.

Comment

McCullers on the bump tonight. To me this is the guy who has to have a strong year if the Astros are going to make a WS run. So much potential with him. Roy Oswalt spent some time with him this spring. I hope he learns, like Roy did, that soft contact is better than trying to strike everyone out. McCullers is constantly coming out of the game early because of high pitch counts.

Comment

Are they stealing Sipp's shoes and glove before every game?
          Locking him out of the bullpen?

Need to keep him completely out of the picture...and leave him there.
          Maybe have a bake sale to collect enough to pay him off and drop him ...
          I'll buy some..

Comment

It is like the Astros have a 24 man roster with him taking up a spot.

Comment

I. Am. Excited.

We got the caveman twins catching.
              Abdul Spring playing like springer.
              Albino Correa being amazing.
              Altuve reving up.
              The Bearded one on-point and showing that golden glove.
              Lil Breggy doin what we all know he can do
              The Old Cuban... we'll see.
              then the new guys....im anticipating good things from them from their bats to the pitching machine Gustave is..(best thing is.. Hoyt is doing well too and is a phone call away)
              Yankee Beltran... better get clutch.

Comment

Let's get it on!

Comment

Game time! I hope McCullers has a strong outing.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    McCullers on the bump tonight. To me this is the guy who has to have a strong year if the Astros are going to make a WS run. So much potential with him. Roy Oswalt spent some time with him this spring. I hope he learns, like Roy did, that soft contact is better than trying to strike everyone out. McCullers is constantly coming out of the game early because of high pitch counts.
                    Agree...

Comment

So far so good....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Score?

Comment

1-0 Stros.

Comment

make that 1-1 on a weak grounder to 3rd. Seattle has guys on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs in the 4th.

Comment

bases loaded now on an E3 on Marwin. The Old Guy would have made that play easily.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                bases loaded now on an E3 on Marwin. The Old Guy would have made that play easily.
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X