No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok keep us posted got an awesome thread here.

Comment

my buddy was out at the place this morning and had this buck come in and mill around at about 75 yards...

he had 12-15 deer in front of him at the feeder and chum pile, guess he was waitin to see if the buck would get close.

he said the plot is coming in like crazy, should be like carpet in a week or so.

we'll see.

Comment

This is good news. I sure hope more deer hang out on your place this rut. I think you have done the right thing.. Good luck. Looking to see what the new property produces

Comment

yes, i was very excited to hear that this morning, first pic of a mature buck on my place this late in october since i have had cameras going, 3 years. a few have filtered back in around mid december but even they were 3-4 year olds.....it was very encouraging, i am probably gonna haul butt down there and check that new camera too lol.

looking forward to your updates man, its time to put some bucks on the ground.

Comment

Awesome story, for me half the fun is all the off season work. Then when it all comes together its just that much more rewarding. Keep up the good work and hunt hard, they have to show up some time.

Comment

very nice...

Comment

thanks guys, nothing but a bunch of does and small bucks on the new spot, i left it going though and will probably give it a few weeks to see what shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  thanks guys, nothing but a bunch of does and small bucks on the new spot, i left it going though and will probably give it a few weeks to see what shows up.
                  Sweet. How was the plot looking when you were out there?

Comment

a buddy went out last thursday and said the plot is coming in real good, especially the BFO and soybean side, the wheat side is a little behind. i hunted last night but didnt get out and walk around, from where i sat i could see the durana starting to fill in though.

the day after we planted we got a real heavy rain on it ad it washed some of the seed around so low areas so those spots are already real thick, the rest of it is coming up good though after the rain last week.

i will get some pics next time i make it out.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Keep those does around and he will be back sooner or later. Good luck.

Comment

my buddy is going out to day to fill the feeder and check cameras, i told him to take some pis of the plots, if he sends them i will post them later this evening. i have a mock scrape going at the very back, away from the feeders and stands, that i hope catches the attention of some bucks.

Comment

well his phone pic suck but he said the plot is coming up great, several thick spots where the seeds bunched up after the rain but also sprouts everywhere, good thing we went pretty heavy with everything.

still no mature bucks on camera though, he moved two of them to some trails and fence crossings, will see what the turns up. even though the does and young bucks have stuck around around this year, like they didnt really at this time last year, its still very frustrating that the big ones have disappeared once again.

Comment

anything over the weekend?

Comment

i made it out last night and only saw a few does, i hunted a new spot at the back away from the feeder and ended up jumping a few in the plot on my way back out, wasnt able to get a good look at them.

i am going to try to take my 5 year old out wednesday night and at least get a doe before rifle season starts.

i think my best bet for the buck is obviously during the rut or maybe later in the season if he comes looking for food, he should know where some is.

Comment

Working...
                                X