No announcement yet.

Need tbh opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only wear mine when it's wet but I my Lacrosse are comfortable. If it's cold I wear insulated boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Alpha Burley's with the 1200 gram Thinsulate keep my feet nice and toasty when the morning temps are in the teens... I used them on a late season elk hunt and the temps dropped to near zero and they did just fine. I did not do a lot of sitting, but for spot/stalk/still hunting in snow, they worked very well for me. Here in Texas, they only get worn on the coldest days.

Comment

I have seen several times that I wore regular boots to the stand that all kinds of critters take notice if they cut your trail. Deer, pigs, yotes etc
        The boots I hunt in are not used for anything outside of hunting either

So I wear muck boots, they keep my feet warm enough in temps I hunt here

And all kinds of critters cross my path and never miss a step

So I will keep wearing them

Plain ol cheap rubber boots are only good for wearing out to feed or short periods. They will not keep your toes warm when it is 50deg

Comment

You may try spraying scent killer on your soles right before you start walking to your stand. I keep a spray bottle in with my gear.

Comment

Wow seems to be very mixed decisions. My current consensus is for for good comfortable hunting boots that are waterproof. Scent control is in the wearers control. Might buy one of those ozone bags? Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Crappie View Post
              Wow seems to be very mixed decisions. My current consensus is for for good comfortable hunting boots that are waterproof. Scent control is in the wearers control. Might buy one of those ozone bags? Any thoughts?
              Excellent statement. Scent control is the wearers responsibility. I just know rubber boots stink, if I can smell them, dont you think deer can smell them?

Comment

Another muck vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  Imo there is no advantage to them for scent control. They are good as a mud boot and nothing more.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                  I agree

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  agreed with Saltwater.

Countless times deer have crossed and even walked my trail while I had rubber boots on. Two weeks ago a little 8 walked right under me and used the same trail as I did. He layed down not 20 yards from the tree.

I wear lacrosse grange

I have deer cross my path all the time and not bust me and it doesn't matter what I wear. Hogs used to bust me quite a bit with or without rubber boots so now I'm just real careful of my way into the stand.

Originally posted by Crappie View Post
                  Last night I️ went straight to the food plot from work to change a camera out at ten til a group of hogs came out and as soon as they hit my path in they broke and run. This is what has peaked my interest
                  Like I said above, some hogs will bust you when they cross your trail with or without rubber boots. I've seen hogs bust my trail when wearing rubber boots that were also sprayed down with Scent killer 4 hours after I walked that trail. After similar things happening many, many times, I gave up on the idea that rubber boots help hide your scent trail. Someone on here had a thread going a week or so ago that said something that makes perfect sense. Animals pick up on ground disturbance more then your scent trail and rubber boots will disturb the ground just as much as any other boot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9CB073E6-D155-4963-95D3-31E050583588.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	24518307

As far as scent control, who knows? But for a day like today, there is not a better choice than ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                      I wear the lacrosse rubber boot in the Grange style. I like then because they are light and really stay on your feet well when getting into some thick mud. Probably not the best boot for warmth though
                      I went back to the Lacrosse Grange this season (got them last Christmas). I wore them for many years before I opted for snake boots. I think they make a huge difference with scent control. Of course, they are uninsulated and you can't wear them when temps get really low.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly, and a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead that I bought because I'm nostalgic for Mossy Oak Bottomland. I love them both. I don't know if the scent free argument is true or not, but rubber boots is all I've ever worn bowhunting and it's worked so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BRYAN@ANDERS View Post
                          I have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly, and a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead that I bought because I'm nostalgic for Mossy Oak Bottomland. I love them both. I don't know if the scent free argument is true or not, but rubber boots is all I've ever worn bowhunting and it's worked so far.
                          I saw lacrosse boots that looked like grange in mossy Oak bottom land once. I wonder if they were Aeroheads??? Do you recall where you bought yours?

Comment

Working...
                          X