Jr Smokehouse flooded on 59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this pic sent to me and it shows how bad the flooding is on Hwy 59 by Jr Smokehouse.
    Attached Files

Like a big ol cork

Hopefully caskets don't start doing the same, bad enough dealing with flooded houses and businesses. Having your deceased family members disturbed would be terrible

Comment

We were out that way today with the boat. Launched the boat right off of 59. I drove through Bucees parking lot on my boat. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Dang that ain't pretty. Some of the best sausage made imo...

I'm planning to see my parents in Louise on Saturday which is just past El campo. Is 59 good that way? Can I even make it past Wharton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          We were out that way today with the boat. Launched the boat right off of 59. I drove through Bucees parking lot on my boat. Crazy stuff.
          My wife's aunt and uncle live about 4 to 5 miles behind the Wal-Mart Area and had to be rescued by boat by my FIL and BIL. The water was almost over the roof and it's never flooded there before. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

I'm planning to see my parents in Louise on Saturday which is just past El campo. Is 59 good that way? Can I even make it past Wharton?

59 is shut down now, could be open by Saturday but not sure

Comment

Maybe jr will change his ways after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

As of now 59 is closed from Hungerford to El Campo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Like a big ol cork

Hopefully caskets don't start doing the same, bad enough dealing with flooded houses and businesses. Having your deceased family members disturbed would be terrible

I literally just had this same thought earlier and was wondering if there had been any issues with caskets floating. That would be a mess to try and identify and return everyone to the correct places.

Comment

Helped some people out in Glen Flora also. Old man there said he had never seen water like that. I don't know how much of 102 was under water, but it was a bunch. We had to come in on 960 and we're able to cross the river there. Wharton County officers were very helpful.

Comment

Man, hate to see that. Great sausage and the best survival sticks around. Not that there is ever a good time for something like this to happen, but a few months later a lot of deer hunters would have lost their meat.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Helped some people out in Glen Flora also. Old man there said he had never seen water like that. I don't know how much of 102 was under water, but it was a bunch. We had to come in on 960 and we're able to cross the river there. Wharton County officers were very helpful.

The two ladies you got out of the house by the post office in Glen Flora wanted me to tell you "Thank you very much for coming to help"
                        And I also say thanks for coming to Wharton area to help.

Comment

JRs Smokehouse today

Comment

Originally posted by smb250 View Post
                            JRs Smokehouse today

Crazy how much the water came up. We drove by there twice yesterday. The car that was left there was still on dry ground. Can't tell from the pics but looks like it's sitting in water now. 59 wasn't submerged like that either but was getting that way. I wished we could have stayed longer and gone back today but the boat started acting up and that is no place to be stranded in a boat.

Comment

They make some of the best chicken salad I have ever had. Their egg and sausage kolaches were the bomb too. I don't drive that way anymore to hunt. Miss that place.

Comment

Working...
                              X