Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Slim Jim” Henderson County 15pt

“Slim Jim” short write up.

What a crazy ride in the first week of bow season! From having 3 encounters opening day, getting a shot off with Traditional gear Saturday evening hitting a limb and arrow hitting upper left shoulder/neck to no sign of him anywhere. I searched daily for some closure whether he was dead and I would find remains or bedded somewhere. He avoided multiple cams and yesterday around 3:30pm I happened to come across him bedded near a small pond. I eased out back to my truck to get my bow and when I returned he bolted out of there before I could get in position for a shot. Ran a good 120-130 yds limping along the way. I managed to get in front of him on top of a ridge and settled next to a tree. 20 minutes went by and he slowly came in presenting a 22 yd shot. Swhacker did a number on him ending this journey 25 yds from the shot.

Really not a whole lot to tell about this deer. Been watching “Slim Jim” all summer and I’m a fan of tall narrow bucks. ARs worried me but I knew he was mature and a really good chance he was legal. Fortunately he made it by 2/8”!!! I always enjoyed seeing his chocolate colored velvet. When he shed he did it on a day I was dissing food plots right in front of me within 50 yds of the tractor. From that day on his attitude changed as well as his pattern every week. The week prior to opening day I hunting with Binos trying to locate where he was staying. I would see him one day where I wanted him and then the next 600-700 yds away. Opening morning he threw a curve and my cell cam showed him 500 yds away so I made a move. 2 encounters that morning but no shot. Mid day I set up a pop up and that evening had a 10 yd encounter with a Trad arrow released hitting a branch mid flight and ricocheting hitting him in his forward shoulder/neck. The next 4 days no sign, sightings notta until yesterday!

Truly thankful for God giving me another opportunity on this deer. I still have another toad down and hopefully get closure on him soon as well. I want to thank everyone who told me to keep my head up and stay positive. This feeling is what it’s all about and what an amazing animal!

SLIM JIM

184 5/8”

Mathews Triax 31/65
    Gold Tip 340
    Swhacker 3” 150GR
    22 Yd Shot
    Attached Files

wow very nice

Comment

Got dang, bro! I thought the initial 184 was a typo. Heck of a buck. Congrats.

Comment

Nice deer and awesome story to go along with it. The look on your face says it all. Congrats.

Comment

Great deer, and nice write up.

Comment

Super cool deer!

Comment

Awesome buck, Congrats.

Comment

Congrats on the closure.. That is a TOAD!!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

DANG, heck of a buck! Congrats!

Comment

Great write up and congrats on your persistence. You should be proud. Awesome job and hope the second one turns up one way or the other.

Comment

Awesome. Congrats on a great buck.

Comment

That’s a very good buck, I’m glad you were able to finish the job. Good on you for not throwing in the towel !

Comment

BAM!!! well done!!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X