Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]912861[/ATTACH]

Comment

I eat all I can catch. Don’t carry them up the ramp on a stringer though.
      Keepem live until you clean. Remove all blood line. Then lightly season with Best Stop Cajun Seasoning and place in refrigerator while you get the grease hot. Dragem through some fish fry, egg wash and panko before you droppem in. Squeeze a lil lemon after they hit the plate. Game over.

Comment

The cheeks are the best part. Definitely worth the effort to cut them out and cook.

Comment

I've always thought they're okay, but I'd rather fry up a channel cat or crappie.

Comment

BowOnly81 got it right. Put some yellow mustard on them and cover with seasoned cornmeal. Fine eats right there. We do that with nearly all fresh water fish and whiting.

Comment

Frankly I live bass. Fried in Italian bread crumbs. Great !

Here in South Florida, they carry some mercury from farm fertiliser I’m told ?

We have some rock pits that have deep, cool , clear water and I’ve eaten a few of those. Hardly have green on their sides. Very light colored silver white belly, pea green side. Not a dark hydrilla green side.

However, being they are a sport Fish I think catch and release is best. Do my best to enhance the sport. We have zillions of Fish opportunities here offshore, and even freshwater Speckled perch ( crappie), various blue gill/Stumpknockers and even huge Oscars that are super white meat. We are seeing a explosion of Snakeheads which prey on other fish. They like Gar and Mudfish ( Bowfin) need to go, as do Oscars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They taste fine to me, but I prefer to throw em back

Comment

I have in the past but mainly just eat crappie if I'm going to keep any.

Comment

Grew up eating them. To me they taste great. I prefer salt water fish as a rule, but nothing wrong with bass.

Comment

Catch and release for me. But , I have ate a few when I was a kid fishing with grandpa. They taste fine. If I was to keep a fish for the table now its hard to beat some fresh hybrid stripers or crappie.

Comment

I love eating fish, soooooo. Any legal fish I catch gets eaten.

Comment

Man whatever you do don't let the Texas Fishing Forum see this thread the bass section in particular...

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                            Man whatever you do don't let the Texas Fishing Forum see this thread the bass section in particular...
                            Spot on Been there done that. It was a mess

Comment

Release in grease!

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                                Most of those girls don’t know how to clean a fish properly for eating.

Comment

Working...
                                X