No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere you want.... Just be courtesy to those who may be hunting where you're wanting to camp

Comment

ya im from ohio and stationed in abilene. i will be nice until someone is not nice to me. we are camping in the same area that we are hunting. about a mile or two from our hunting areas. we got a nice 10 point on cam as well as an 8 point and a small 4. itchin to kill something. i got the fever.

Comment

Good to hear about seeing activity yeah you know just to a quick run around to make sure your not butting up near someone's setup, not to many people actually bowhunt out there and the ones who do are pretty far off the hidden path, but if you do run into someone chances are they are probably TBHer, hope to see ya out there... Have any questions or need help hit me up 325-374-0811!

Comment

I'm new to TBH and was hoping to get some info on TBR. I plan to spend Monday through Wednesday hunting (Sep 30 to Oct 2). I recently moved back to Texas from PA. I've never hunted Central Texas before and am short on scouting time. I mainly want to fill my tags. I'm thinking of getting a ghost blind as it is portable. Would a game cart come in handy? I plan to come down from Ft. Worth once a month until I have my fill. I usually sleep in my work and play trailer, but I am prepared to tent camp if necessary. Any info is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat07 View Post
            I'm new to TBH and was hoping to get some info on TBR. I plan to spend Monday through Wednesday hunting (Sep 30 to Oct 2). I recently moved back to Texas from PA. I've never hunted Central Texas before and am short on scouting time. I mainly want to fill my tags. I'm thinking of getting a ghost blind as it is portable. Would a game cart come in handy? I plan to come down from Ft. Worth once a month until I have my fill. I usually sleep in my work and play trailer, but I am prepared to tent camp if necessary. Any info is appreciated.
            Just come on down and find a nice spot. Ghost blind would be a good option since you have no time on the ground out here. There are nice animals out this way. You can set up a trailer out at Lake Nasworthy KOA and commute out. No rifles and be considerate of others, it will be a good hunt.

I would ask everyone to be mindful and take does/spikes to fill tags and let the young ones grow. By all means, if your trophy comes out... Schwack him!!!

Not meant for you specifically, but there are a lot of folks who hunt out here who are brown and down types. Frustrating to see folks dragging babies and 2 year old basket 8's out of the Buttes. Meat is meat, but I think people should treat public land like they would their own place, especially if you want to come back every year and see good deer. I rarely hunt out there even though it's in my back yard, but I like seeing nice animals crossing my property on their way to the firing squad.

Comment

Who all is going to be camping on the place this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Okie in Texas View Post
                Just come on down and find a nice spot. Ghost blind would be a good option since you have no time on the ground out here. There are nice animals out this way. You can set up a trailer out at Lake Nasworthy KOA and commute out. No rifles and be considerate of others, it will be a good hunt.

I would ask everyone to be mindful and take does/spikes to fill tags and let the young ones grow. By all means, if your trophy comes out... Schwack him!!!

Not meant for you specifically, but there are a lot of folks who hunt out here who are brown and down types. Frustrating to see folks dragging babies and 2 year old basket 8's out of the Buttes. Meat is meat, but I think people should treat public land like they would their own place, especially if you want to come back every year and see good deer. I rarely hunt out there even though it's in my back yard, but I like seeing nice animals crossing my property on their way to the firing squad.

I completely agree with letting deer mature unless there is one that needs to be taken out of the gene pool.

Comment

Who's the big group of people camping at the entrance going back to whites dam. Moron Toyota?

Comment

I'm heading to San Angelo to help my son an ASU student get set up out there. We are going to put a very old pop up and a very old camera. I guess its ok to leave a pop up there and how long before its stolen? Do you recommend wearing orange to the blind?
                    Last edited by oktx; 09-28-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I don't wear it and I have had my Camera and blind up for a month or so now and no problems just put it in a tree with screws. Good luck getting in right now it's muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        I'm heading to San Angelo to help my son an ASU student get set up out there. We are going to put a very old pop up and a very old camera. I guess its ok to leave a pop up there and how long before its stolen? Do you recommend wearing orange to the blind?
                        Sooner fans cannot wear orange. It's against the rules .

Comment

anyone kill anything this weekend. ill be there tomorrow around 11 for 4 wonderful days away from the city and back to what my roots are all about. hoping to kill some meat. dont care much about antlers but if one comes by thats mature im putting it down.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm new to hunting the TBR just wondering if anyone had any tips on finding locations found a few but cant figure out how to get to some of the hunting areas. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well has anyone done any good out there this year yet got a friend has killed a doe. And was curious if anyone has seen pigs or any signs of hogs out there

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

1 doe down
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X