No announcement yet.

Help with hog panels in rocky ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing to do is don’t use t poss and panels but buy free standing deer panels from Rivera Custom in Lometa. No driving of posts and completely portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The best thing to do is don’t use t poss and panels but buy free standing deer panels from Rivera Custom in Lometa. No driving of posts and completely portable.

Getting ready to put 40 of these up for sale. I am in the San Saba area.
      Sorry to hijack the thread. Just thought I would mention this if anyone is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Getting ready to put 40 of these up for sale. I am in the San Saba area.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just thought I would mention this if anyone is looking.

Will you split up or are you wanting to sell the whole lot? I’d like to add a few to my pen to make it bigger but don’t need 40 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
          I have a generator and could rent a hammer drill with a 1" concrete drill. Is that my best option?
          Yes... that's how everyone that does it for a living does it.

Comment

Me and one other guy put up a 60’ diameter pen in less than 2hrs, from start to finish!!! They are more expensive, but are also the cats meow of feeder pens!!!

Bisch

Comment

I had to build feed pens in rock for a guy before. There was no way I was driving them in without bending em so I got a cutting torch and cut about 6" of the bottom of em and he never knew the difference.

Comment

9 panels at 16'=144 times .5=72 divided by 3.14=22.9 so roughly 46 foot in diameter

Comment

Framed hog panels with 1" tubing. Then weld couple pieces of 1 1/2 rectangle on the ends then connect with a piece of rebar down the rectangle pieces. You can put a pen together about as fast as you can unload the trailer

Comment

That's a great idea on the square tubing, I'll check the cost on that, but it would be a nice setup and easy to move around.

Comment

Above is what we do and use EMT pipe, works well and fairly cheap.

Comment

Will you split up or are you wanting to sell the whole lot? I’d like to add a few to my pen to make it bigger but don’t need 40 of them.

Price is right Mike I might be in for some as well and I hunt in San Saba.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hammer drill and drive em in. That's what we did and they are there for good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
                            That's a great idea on the square tubing, I'll check the cost on that, but it would be a nice setup and easy to move around.

Yep piece of cake setup and move around. Easy to add panels to make bigger pen as you can afford it. Tubing plus hog panel running about $40-42 per panel

Comment

That sounds high on the price. Hog panel $19.00, and I don't know what a 24' length of tubing is yet, but I hope I'm not going to be in it for that much per panel.

Comment

1" square primed around me running about .52 a foot Got roughly about 38 ft in each panel. Totals about 19.75 in tubing plus 19.00 a panel Steel prices fluctuate so might get tubing cheaper

Comment

Working...
                                X