$2000 Rifle Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
    Put this together not too long ago. Could have gone many routes, but I've wanted to build this one for a really long time.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308

Manners stock pillar bedded (picked up for half the cost of new in Manners ready to ship section of their site)

Harris bipod

Vortex optics

I'm about to fully bed the action, and I'll eventually upgrade the trigger, bolt, and bottom metal to detachable, but that starts getting outside the 2K mark.

Took the Hogue stock that came stock on the rifle and put a dowel on it so my son could have his very own rifle as well. It has since been painted

I did this same build with Leupold optics, B&C bedded stock and Timney trigger.

Now it’s at APR getting the action trued and a new barrel [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      I did this same build with Leupold optics, B&C bedded stock and Timney trigger.

Now it’s at APR getting the action trued and a new barrel [emoji51]
      Nice. I was originally kicking around going through APR or getting one of the packages from sniper central, but couldn’t keep the cost of rifle with scope under the strict 2k budget the boss/wife so graciously gifted me with. Even thought about taking the action from a 7mm STW I had to have APR build from that, but same story on cost. Plan as of now is to run this one for a bit while stashing cash, then send off to APR for truing/blueprinting, new barrel, stuff mentioned previously, etc.

As to the OP, if you have the funds, I would highly recommend going with APR, especially with the TBH 2018 deal they have going on.

Comment

This!!!

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
        Browning hells canyon with the regular stock are around 1k and then pick your glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
          If I had $2,000 to blow, taking into account what I already have, I'd go with the new Weatherby First Lite edition in 300WM. I want a larger caliber, and I like the long barrel and that it already comes with a muzzle brake. For the glass, it would be a Leupold VX 5 HD 3-15x56.

Man, you picked my exact set up. Sold a rifle last weekend to fund it. I called Hoffys Lampasas, there’re trying to get it ordered.

I’m going with the VX-5HD 3-15x44.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            Sako!
            Yup.

Comment

How about:

1. Ruger American predator ($400) with a boyds stock ($200) with an Atn x sight or photon ($600) with a suppressor ($800). Night vision suppressed hunting for $2k.
              2. Browning BAR mark iii $1200 with a leupold vx3i long range precision scope $800. Sexy and lethal and semi auto....

You pick the caliber!

Comment

Sauer pantera 6.5prc seekings havok 6.5 prc or bergara ridge in 270.

Comment

I’d go with an APR 25-06

Comment

Kimber Mountain Ascent, if you want a lightweight rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                      If I had $2,000 to blow, taking into account what I already have, I'd go with the new Weatherby First Lite edition in 300WM. I want a larger caliber, and I like the long barrel and that it already comes with a muzzle brake. For the glass, it would be a Leupold VX 5 HD 3-15x56.
                      This or one in 6.5-300 wby mag

Comment

$2000 Rifle Budget

Nother vote for APR+Tasco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Christensen Arms Mesa! $1295
                          Plenty of chamberings to choose from.

Leupold VX5. Can be found for around $800 if you
                          Shop.

Comment

Working...