Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I've noticed the smell but it takes a lot

Comment

We put them on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO,salt, pepper and broil in the oven until slightly crispy. They're good!

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
        I wasn't kidding about the urine thing. I love the stuff. Anyone else notice the smell afterward?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...mell-49961252/
        What you said.

Foil, asparagus, onions, jalapeno's, salt, pepper, butter, EVOO, garlic and red pepper flakes in the oven till done.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Put foil on a cookie sheet. Put asparagus on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and put shredded parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven until done to your likeness.

My wife just cut some up and put it in some pasta salad with rabbit... it was good. Too bad you don't like carbs.
          This sounds awesome. We do this method with potatoes. Now I need to buy some asparagus.

Comment

steam them till done then set them aside, drain the water out of the pan and then put butter, garlic, capers and a little heavy cream and salt/pepper to make a sauce to pour over the asparagus.

even my kids will eat it.

Comment

Agree with some of the other posts. We love ours oven roasted. Spray with olive oil, throw some minced garlic and kosher salt on top and roast for about 15-20 mins at 425, turning halfway through. Love grilling them the same way, but firing up the grill isn't always practical, especially for a quick dinner.

Comment

Wrap in bacon and grill. Eat bacon and throw asparagus away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You got a pic of your asparagus in the garden? I planted some last year and not sure what they should look like.

Comment

Light olive oil and lemon pepper in the microwave till tender! Quick n easy and tastes great!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyBottomAg View Post
                      I put asparagus in a couple gallon sized bags with olive oil, fresh minced garlic (lots), and your favorite all season. Sometimes I add a little balsamic vinaigrette. Then roll around in bag to generously coat all sides of asparagi in oil/seasoning. I either grill or do the foil on cookie sheet in oven method that SwampRabbit described.

It'll make you slap ur mama...
                      Same thing but in the oven and we use just olive oil and Tony's. They turn out great every time.

Comment

Have you seen the movie "Elf"? A line in the movie when they are trying to come up with a title for a children's book goes like this;

"Let write about a tribe of Asparagus children that are self conscious about the way their pee smells."

Thats pretty dang funny right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                          Wrap in bacon. Done.
                          x 2 ... wrap in bacon, place in oven until bacon done, then top with shaved parm

blanch in crawfish boil seasoned water, and top with homemade hollandaise sauce, served with fresh salmon

Comment

Grill around 400. Season with EVOO, sea salt, garlic, pepper. 5-10 minutes.

Comment

Asparagus

People talking about diets:

I went on a diet this past February, lost 28 days !

Comment

Olive oil and lemon pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 mins

Comment

Working...
                                X