Comment

Looks great. Well done.

Comment

Wow. Awesome work.

Comment

Getting better and better

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            I'd suggest (if I may) you should put gutters on it and harvest your own water.

All you need is a 285 gallon tote (or smaller) and some of those white plastic gutters.

With all the rain we have had lately you'd be full. Assuming your in the hill country by me.

Then get a ecotemp L5 instant hot shower, 12v water pump, and you'll be really cooking!
            Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Could you do foam board on the inside? Cheap, easy, and no place for critters. Won't be as good as normal insulation but better than nothing maybe
            So it is offseason and spring/summer is around the corner and I started thinking about what improvements/additions I am going to make this upcoming year. My goal for 2015 was to wire it, but that never happened. I got too hung up on how I was going to do it (conduit, boxes, etc.) Instead I built a front and back deck, built a back porch cable and put a fresh coat of paint on it (was going to be maroon, but decided to let it blend in with the environment.) Purchased bunk cots so the whole family could sleep in it.

So on the list:
            1) Rain gutter/55 gal drum for near cabin water. Really, this is just for fun. I have wanted to have a rain collection system and I don't want to always have to walk across camp to wash my hands
            2) Insulation. Still trying to brainstorm this. I had looked up panels, but they still seemed costly and I still don't know what I could do about the roof, unless I removed the tin, sheeted it and reattached it.
            3) Wiring. I think I am just going to go simple. 1 box at the front of the deck and plastic conduit that goes under the house the full length for a box on each corner inside, on the floor and one on the outside back edge of the deck.
            4) Covered porch. The problem with the design of the house is the door can't swing all the way open if I extend the roof over the front and/or back porch. So, on hot days, I can't get max air flow breezeway... but it sucks when it rains. I still could do that weird half roof thing, but still unsure.

Comment

#2....get the 4x8 1/2" blue stuff from H.D. cut to fit between the rafters....tack in place...

Comment

Liquid nails is your friend.
                Have you considered building one more exactly like this one except insulated and improved, and setting it end to end with the existing one but with about 6-8' between them? Cover the open space between them to be a breezeway type covered porch? It would be easy to move and you would then have a place to sleep, and a space during the day to say cook, eat, or hang out??

Comment

Sounds like an old style Dog run Cabin to me!

Comment

Liquid nails is your friend.
                    Have you considered building one more exactly like this one except insulated and improved, and setting it end to end with the existing one but with about 6-8' between them? Cover the open space between them to be a breezeway type covered porch? It would be easy to move and you would then have a place to sleep, and a space during the day to say cook, eat, or hang out??
                    Yes! Yes I have. My wife asked me the same question (before we did the bunk cots.) She asked about how long would it take to just build another one for the kids to sleep in before that trip out

Comment

very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Yes! Yes I have. My wife asked me the same question (before we did the bunk cots.) She asked about how long would it take to just build another one for the kids to sleep in before that trip out
                        Well, at least I know I can look forward to another build soon.

Comment

Well, at least I know I can look forward to another build soon.
                          I don't know about "soon." With the bunkable cots, I bought myself some time. I figure to do it better the next time, I'd need about $800-$1000. Sometimes that sounds like a lot, and sometimes it doesn't. But.... you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I don't know about "soon." With the bunkable cots, I bought myself some time. I figure to do it better the next time, I'd need about $800-$1000. Sometimes that sounds like a lot, and sometimes it doesn't. But.... you never know.
                            $10 sounds like a lot a lot of times

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                              $10 sounds like a lot a lot of times
                              No doubt.

Comment

Great job buddy

Comment

Working...
                                X