Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
    Does anyone hunt hard for hogs during the offseason out here? Personally I think if more hogs were removed then the quality of the deer hunting here would sky rocket, but closing the WMA to pig hunting at the end of March does not help the problem. Would anyone be interested in hunting hard for pigs and keeping a running tally of how many are taken out?

March? Try May..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
      March? Try May..lol

my mistake, march is on another property. Either way it seems logical to have it open year round.

Comment

NOTHING is logical when it comes from government. We are witnessing that now in America. Lol
        But I agree- yr round hunting should be allowed.

Comment

Can they be hunted with shotgun or over bait on public land?

Comment

I’m looking to hunt Somerville WMA this year. Plan to do scout areas and maybe hog hunt this spring. Where do you gut/quarter your deer out there? Has anyone ever had anything stolen out there? Is it ok to walk in during early morning using lights? Is it ok to rattle antlers? I know some of these questions may seem stupid but just trying to respect other hunters. Thank you

Comment

Ballinonabudget, I’m seeing that you can only hunt hog with a bow but they can be hunted over bait between February 1 to May 31. Also, can only hunt hog with bow between September 30 to May 31.

Comment

Anybody plan on duck hunting tomorrow morning?

Comment

Can you hunt hogs at night on Somerville WMA?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                    Does anyone hunt hard for hogs during the offseason out here? Personally I think if more hogs were removed then the quality of the deer hunting here would sky rocket, but closing the WMA to pig hunting at the end of March does not help the problem. Would anyone be interested in hunting hard for pigs and keeping a running tally of how many are taken out?
                    Pm me. Me and a buddy are going to hunt hogs hard. Maybe we could hunt together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Night hunting for hogs is not allowed

Comment

Anyone been out there hog hunting recently?

Comment

Last edited by quackadikt; 03-09-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

squirrels

can anyone recommend a spot to get started for squirrels or rabbits?

Comment

What is the best place to camp during deer season With trailer hook ups?

Comment

Nails Creek SP is the closest to the WMA

Comment

Working...
                                X