No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never seen any swamp chickens of all the years I've hunted out there nor heard em! Rabbits are alright but little tough to hunt in the high grass. And I've thought about laying out pig pipes in secluded areas but I still wonder about the indecent humans that have some sticky fingers...anyone ever get stands, feeders, or cameras stolen?

Comment

Oh wait let me guess, the hogs clear out the rabbits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coyotes keep the rabbits in check pretty well, they are few and far between. There are a few turkey, but not near as many as there used to be.

Squirrels on the other hand are plentiful.

Comment

Nope, been killing it at Sore Finger...thanks to everyone for the advice!

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
          That was behind Primitive Camp, looks allot like blood weeds by 6 (Florida Point) which I presume was your location.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
            I have never seen any swamp chickens of all the years I've hunted out there nor heard em! Rabbits are alright but little tough to hunt in the high grass. And I've thought about laying out pig pipes in secluded areas but I still wonder about the indecent humans that have some sticky fingers...anyone ever get stands, feeders, or cameras stolen?
            "Swamp Chickens": aka ducks

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
              Nope, been killing it at Sore Finger...thanks to everyone for the advice!
              Nice kill bud..I haven't seen you post in a while it seems...I still remember that pig you shot between the eyes...didn't you have it mounted with arrow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                Anyone ever go for rabbits out there? And is there zero turkey out there or what?

Can't hunt the turkeys on granger....protected

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                  Anyone ever go for rabbits out there? And is there zero turkey out there or what?

Good rabbit hunting east of granger dam spillway parking lot. There is a close hedge row of briars that goes for a couple hundred yards. U need dogs though..my labs chase rabbits like a beagle
                  Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 01-03-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                    Put trail camera out tomor. It would be gone by Monday...unless u know the lake

Comment

Private land u can at granger but not on the phl. Turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                        Thanks, credit goes to Navy Chief who recently taught me some mad stalking skillz. From the looks of your pic it was near your 12/15 pig.
                        Bro. I didn't teach u anything. Your a killer...lol

Comment

Thanks! I got busy at work last year...now I'm back. That was the first pig I got with a bow. It stuck its head out to see what was happening. Wasn't quite between the eyes, but close. Didn't get it mounted but that would have been funny. I was thinking I need to try and recreate that shot soon.

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          Nice kill bud..I haven't seen you post in a while it seems...I still remember that pig you shot between the eyes...didn't you have it mounted with arrow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at this guys feeder he has about 74 at one time!!! He posted this looking for anyone wanting Hog meat it’s in Milan county wow!!!

Comment

Milam co. Is being overtaken by feral swine! All I see is bacon in that pic. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                                Milam co. Is being overtaken by feral swine! All I see is bacon in that pic. Lol

Anybody know of any public land near to Milam county lol

Comment

Working...
                                X