No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it happens. Went out this afternoon and found 3 cameras and lock ons within 150 yards of a place I've hunted for 3 years without seeing another hunter. Can't get too attached to a spot out there.

Comment

Since I got forced to a different spot, I dropped a few cameras. Did you leave a funny picture for me?

Comment

Just me dropping a deuce by the protein block

Comment

Hey TG an switchback good to see you guys still hanging in there! I may be out an about this year it’s been a couple of years since I have been down there been keeping a close eye on things from the rail! An yes for you B2-B3 hunters I am one of the guys that allows you to stretch or make a little noise while I’m blowing the crossing there by the river lol hope to see y’all out there and meet some of the new guys an gals!

Comment

Originally posted by WhitneyLakerat View Post
            Just me dropping a deuce by the protein block
            Lock on being left in the woods and a protein bock, not my spot. I typically just make funny faces when I find peoples cameras.

Speaking of cameras what has been y'alls experience using them on public land? This is my first year using them and I always have this nervous feeling when I leave them out. I have been putting the python locks on them so it will be a chore if someone does decide they want them that bad. This same concern is why I have not left a lock on when I go home for lunch or sleep.

Looking forward to meeting some of you kind folks next week. Off to doing some final scouting before I go visit the folks over the weekend. Promised them one more visit before season starts

-JC

Comment

If'n you follow the rules, Nothing is to be left after your hunt ..... Cameras, stands, feeders, trash,etc.

If'n you choose to leave cameras out all season, you do so at the risk of them being missing when you return. The Corps considers them abandoned property.

There are idiots that live in Kopperl. Who consider Corps land their own personal property.. And will steal anything they find, ride ATV's during hunting hours , etc.

Comment

Also, don't think for a second that the Corps office doesn't monitor this thread. They monitor all year long.

Comment

Points taken. I am unfortunately well aware of the ATV issue. Ruined 4-5 hunts last year running within 50 yards of me 45 minutes before dark. Have seen this on multiple sections. Leaving a camera out while scouting and then picking up same day should be considered acceptable? I make a best effort to follow rules for two reasons:
                  1. It is a privilege we have and I don't want to be a part of screwing it up
                  2. It makes the hunt more challenging which I enjoy. This is why I don't have a lease somewhere.

Thanks.

Comment

As to cameras, I think the Whitney ACE rule is you can have one out as long as your hunting. But it is to be removed when the hunt is over. Or something like that. ACE carries bolt cutters and a ladder when they go looking for stands and gear. I've also know they sometimes carry a cutting torch in one of the Mules they drive. And they usually do it on weekdays when the crowd is away. But I have seen them out looking mid-day on the weekends too. Just say-n .

Originally posted by silent hunter View Post
                    Hey TG an switchback good to see you guys still hanging in there! I may be out an about this year it’s been a couple of years since I have been down there been keeping a close eye on things from the rail! An yes for you B2-B3 hunters I am one of the guys that allows you to stretch or make a little noise while I’m blowing the crossing there by the river lol hope to see y’all out there and meet some of the new guys an gals!
                    Clint, hope all is well ! Good to hear from you on here. And when ya cross the Brazos, down there . I always wonder if your drive-n when I hear a train down there in the distance. Those deer pay absolutely no mind to it. I've seen it several times.

Comment

Thanks mike yea it’s amazing how those noise monsters banging am rattling down the track an loud horns don’t faze them an a 270 lbs tree limb in October brushes up against a leaf ever so lightly an they gone lol.

Comment

Once again not Corp land but this is only 35 acres of property. I hope one of the few times I hunt this place her shows up!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Howdy boys. Good luck this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Justin! What's up?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Hey Justin! What's up?

Not a lot. Just working and livin life. Ready for the season to start. I probably won't be hunting to much COE this year with my lease.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                                Not a lot. Just working and livin life. Ready for the season to start. I probably won't be hunting to much COE this year with my lease.

Are you going to at least make the bbg on Friday at Plowman?

Comment

Working...
                                X