No announcement yet.

Driving to Bangor Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are heading to Massachusetts (west end) next week. Like the temperature (now) but not the drive up and back!

Comment

Go to Acadia National Park if you can while you're up there. I went for the weekend when I was up in Portland for a business meeting this summer and it was awesome. You'll be hitting it at the perfect time for the colors to start turning too I believe. The hiking there is really awesome.

Take Hwy 1 up the coast once you get into Maine and eat at the Maine Diner.

Kittery Trading Post is worth stopping at too and it's right along the hwy in Maine.

Comment

If you happen to travel the "east" side of Virginia, stop at Petersburg. It is just north of where I-85 and I-95 meet.
        Petersburg was the last main seige of the Civil War.. Lots of interesting sites in town.
        But, the one site I really enjoyed was the Old Blandford Church.

The only building in the world, where every window is an original "Tiffany Glass" window. It is best viewed from inside this one room building.. The outside of the Church is extremely plain. The best view IS from the inside.

Be safe on your drive.

Comment

Go to Kennebunkport and see the Bush's home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
            Go to Acadia National Park if you can while you're up there. I went for the weekend when I was up in Portland for a business meeting this summer and it was awesome. You'll be hitting it at the perfect time for the colors to start turning too I believe. The hiking there is really awesome.

Take Hwy 1 up the coast once you get into Maine and eat at the Maine Diner.

Kittery Trading Post is worth stopping at too and it's right along the hwy in Maine.
            Good call. Also consider checking out Baxter State Park... climb Mt. Katahdin! It’s the time of year where thru hikers are finishing up as well!

Comment

Maine has over a million acres of public hunting land.

Comment

I interviewed in Bangor once. It's a completely different world and pace up there.

Comment

Baileys island

Baileys Island(not too far from LL Bean) is a beautiful place to visit on the Maine coast. Eat at Cooks Lobster House if you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    Good call. Also consider checking out Baxter State Park... climb Mt. Katahdin! It’s the time of year where thru hikers are finishing up as well!

I was choosing between Mt Katahdin and Acadia when I went. Since I was alone and only had 1 day i chose Acadia. Mt Katahdin is a strenuous 14+ mile hike if you go to the top. If you do Acadia you need to hike the Beehive trail. Pic from halfway up Beehive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have a trailer for sale?

EDIT: Jerp beat me to it Lol Congrats to your daughter

Comment

Not sure what part of Maine that is, but if you are not far from Durham, NH go eat dinner at a restaurant called Surf. It's downtown. There's a great place in Kittery, Maine also. It's across from the Trading Post. Enjoy your time there. That area is incredible.

Comment

LL Beam is wall to wall people and the parking sucks. If you go to Portland, try Demillio"s. Great resturant on the water. They had fried lobsta, but I can't eat shellfish. Bud with me had it and said it was great.

Comment

if you get board don't take a drive on route 9 at night. That is between bangor and canada border. We did it in june never again wrecked a rental car did not hit just one deer hit 2 **** deer within 5 minutes of each other. They were walking down the middle of the street and loved running into the car. I seen many more I avoided was not a fun trip

Comment

In looking at the driving route, we pass through Bowling Green Kentucky....I see a stop at the National Corvette Museum in our future!

Comment

Bangor here we come! The trip began at 6 am this morning. Box van and a car dolly headed northeast. Currently just outside Memphis with our first night set for Nashville.
                                Last edited by Humper; 09-15-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X