No announcement yet.

The Crush, what the heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be the crazy guy speaking in absolutes. 64yds is too far on a whitetail no matter the situation. There is too much a whitetail can do from that distance. It doesn't matter how well practiced a guy is when the deer moves and is unpredictable.

Luckily he recovered the deer, but that is a low percentage shot no matter who you are.

Comment

Maybe I am just getting old ....but I don't give enough of a flip to get worked up over how far Lee shoots at a deer.

.....As long as he's not shooting at a deer on my place while I'm at full draw aiming at the same, I'm not losing any sleep over what he or any TV hunter does. I have my personal limitations and as long as he's not holding a gun to my head to exceed them, I'm good..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Maybe I am just getting old ....but I don't give enough of a flip to get worked up over how far Lee shoots at a deer.

.....As long as he's not shooting at a deer on my place while I'm at full draw aiming at the same, I'm not losing any sleep over what he or any TV hunter does. I have my personal limitations and as long as he's not holding a gun to my head to exceed them, I'm good..

Agree 100%...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With sponsors and TV contracts and obviously all"us" viewers watching his program is what pays the bills !!! You can only show so many 25,30,35,40,45 YD shots without getting the ole seen it before ,,,and I would bet the freaking farm dude shoots mad reps @ this and further ����*♂️Proof is in the pudding , he nailed it !!! Nice freaking shot LEE

Comment

He practices those shots and seems confident in his abilities and equipment. I’m sure he felt he was not overstepping his personal limits.

By the way, this was a quartering away shot. Complete pass through that came out the opposite shoulder.
            Aim for the exit.

Comment

Who?

Comment

I’m sure it ended up better than the shot I saw a girl do on the WGI boys show today. One of the “contestants” shot a buck in the elbow with a crossbow. Didn’t look like it even went in the chest cavity. Deer was never found.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                  Levi Morgans wife is the best female shot on outdoor tv and the best to look at too!!

Fake news!!!!! Tiffany is hotter IMO

Comment

come on now, pictures have to be fair in quality...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lee’s one of the few outdoor personalities that actually can shoot and does his own bow setups. Also Iowa deer aren’t like shooting some deer down south.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                        come on now, pictures have to be fair in quality...

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                          I am ‘old school’, I bow hunt to get close
                          Yep because that's what we are supposed to do..
                          Getting close USED to the whole point..
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 08-13-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Ironically, Gettin' Close was the name of their show. They had to change it to The Crush.

Comment

When it’s God, the deer and you (this probably doesn’t apply with Lee because of the whole camera thing), your maximum ethical range is directly proportional to the size of the deer’s rack. [emoji6]

Comment

Bunch of jealous, butt hurt people complaining about lee like that. He shoots a single pin at super long distances all the time. He gave the back story on the deer, 5 years of history. Almost no visual footage of him in the deer season. He was a sporadic big buck on that farm. He came in, kNew that the trail he was on was as close as he was going to get. The deer was quartering away and he hit him perfect for a quartering away shot. Not to mention the deer scored 201” and was his biggest ever. Lots of experts on here, everyone griping about how poor of a shot he is and unethical the shot was post up your best video of your free range monster bucks and maybe we’ll listen to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X