X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the foot pedal is the way

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      For those that dont use a stuffer and prefer to just use the grinder, how do you get your sausage to feed itself through the grinder. I find myself having to use one hand on the casings and the other to force feed the sausage through the machine because it wont wont fall down the throat on its own.
      The big 1hp grinders that Smart and I have also have an auger attachment that goes into the stuffing horn to keep the meat moving. Works great.

The foot control - love it. When I do sausage, there is one guy feeding meat into the machine, and one guy running the casing and controlling the flow with the foot pedal. Then usually an extra couple guys coiling and linking.

Comment

Any vacuum sealer recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
          The big 1hp grinders that Smart and I have also have an auger attachment that goes into the stuffing horn to keep the meat moving. Works great.

The foot control - love it. When I do sausage, there is one guy feeding meat into the machine, and one guy running the casing and controlling the flow with the foot pedal. Then usually an extra couple guys coiling and linking.

Which grinders do you guys have?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Which grinders do you guys have?

Before you look into their grinder, check out the LEM grinder![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Meat grinder recommendation

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Before you look into their grinder, check out the LEM grinder![emoji23][emoji23]

Looked at it. Didn’t seem to have a reverse and only a 5 year warranty vs Cabela’s lifetime warranty

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Looked at it. Didn’t seem to have a reverse and only a 5 year warranty vs Cabela’s lifetime warranty

Ha ha! I've never needed a reverse. My buddy dropped my best knife in the feed throat once and we got it out without reverse. Both are good grinders. Don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Comment

This.

1hp with a #22 neck is the way to go.

Done the smaller #5 and #8 neck grinder and separate vertical stuffers. Get the #22 and don't look back.
                  The # refers to the size of the grinder body and plate not the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                    The # refers to the size of the grinder body and plate not the neck.
                    Yep, that's right. I've got the 1hp Cabela's #22 they put on sale a few years ago before going to their current line of commercial grinders.

My dad has had a Hobart #32 for a long time and it's truly a beast.

Comment

Meat grinder recommendation

This is the one I have. It’s a beast. It’s warranted for grinding raw pet food (small bones, whole chickens, etc.).

I can’t over feed it. It’ll grind two entire boned-out deer in less time than it takes to clean it. It doesn’t take that long to clean it...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1419.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	24534189
                      Last edited by bpa556; 03-16-2018, 08:10 AM. Reason: Edited to add pic

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Man you guys must like a lot of extra work with all that cranking. Stopping every 10-15 lbs to reload (and 7lbs in the guy above me's case) is a PITA when you are doing 200-400plus lbs of sausage....plus it is something else to cleanup We tried the stuffer for a few years when I had a weaker grinder and looked like Popeye after a day worth of cranking. ....bought a 1HP and won't even use a stuffer again.

link - coarse

[ATTACH]900627[/ATTACH]

And it cranks out deerstix as well.

[ATTACH]900628[/ATTACH]
                        Where do you get casings that long?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          Where do you get casings that long?
                          From sausagemaker.com, where I told yall to buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I'm with Smart on not needing a stuffer. Get a kidney plate for your grinder.
                            Kidney plate doesn’t help on my 3/4 hp lem.
                            It’s a pain to stuff casings using my grinder. The stuffer is easier and a lot faster for me.

Comment

From sausagemaker.com, where I told yall to buy them.
                              None of them on the site say how long the casings are or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Kidney plate doesn’t help on my 3/4 hp lem.

It’s a pain to stuff casings using my grinder. The stuffer is easier and a lot faster for me.

Do you have the plastic auger extender? It is a game changer for the 3/4 HP.

Comment

Working...
                                X