Meat grinder recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat grinder recommendation

Looking for a meat grinder to put on a wedding registry. Need something that will handle doing one or two deer at a time and has a sausage stuffer attachment. Anything else one might need for processing would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a #12 LEM. That thing will grind meat as fast as you can put it in. You for sure could go down to the #8 and still have plenty of grinder. Get a stuffer also, the 5 pounder is small but they are pricey so just depends on how much you want to spend on one.

Comment

I like my Cabela's brand #22 grinder. cabela's and LEM both will stuff casings. I'd get a sausage press though if you can.

Comment

I like the way you think

Comment

Goto AlliedKenco website. You will see everything you need and want.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Goto AlliedKenco website. You will see everything you need and want.
            This end of story. If you live close do yourself a favor and just order on line save yourself a lot of money

Comment

Got a LEM12 too like said above ..fantastic

Comment

Yep just register at Allied-Kenco in Houston and send all your friends and family there to buy your wedding gifts.

You sir are a genius! I wish I would have thought of this back when I got married. That registery stuff was just things my bride wanted.

Comment

Whatever you get add a foot peddle!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Lem #5 big bite - does everything I need it to.

Comment

Cabela's grinders are very stout. I heard the same about LEM and Hobart grinders. All will handle a couple deer at a time. The size of the throat will determine how long you will grind. Bigger intake, less time and larger motor. All have the sausage adapters. All units are very good, depends on the pricing and who is gifting to you. I selected the Cabela's brand, so I can run to the store and get parts or replace items (if needed). Good move on registry. As mentioned a foot petal will help also, provides another hand. I think you can get a cheap one at Harbor Freight....many uses.

Comment

If you want to stuff off of it, which I prefer, as I hate the hand cranking of a press stuffer with the quantities we do, I'd go with a minimum of 3/4 HP on one of the Cabelas or LEM grinders. I prefer a minimum of 1 HP with a 22 throat for ease of moving meat. If the Amazon one above is true to it's HP reading it looks like a nice one as well. Either of them should last you a lifetime. Buy once cry once.....and even better as a gift from a rich relative..

Comment

All good info above. I wouldn't go less than 1 horse, but I know a few people who use ¾ without issue. Foot pedal can't be said enough times, especially if you're doing link sausage. I would register for a tenderizer, meat bins, good quality plastic cutting boards (at least 2), a few good boning knives, a mixer, and a good hand held bone saw. Pretty much just find the processing section of a Cabela's ad and go nuts!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X