Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Din din!!! Won’t be long now.

Comment

Like instantly! String of does headed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 spikes, a 3pt, 2 mean *** does, and a yearling 6pt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These deer keep kind of filtering in and out and then heading out to the north east. I bet that green field is POPPING this evening.

Comment

All but the little 6er have moved on. Wind is laying, clouds have pushed out, pressure is climbing... It’s a great day for it to happen.

Comment

Several new does rolling in

Comment

Big bodied deer in the shelter belt. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Crunch time now!

Comment

3pt and 2 does in

Comment

Everything sure feels right this evening

Comment

New 6pt here and I hear another deer behind him.

Comment

Brand new first... I just had a giant owl crash into the pop up with me. Yes I need a towl!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                            Brand new first... I just had a giant owl crash into the pop up with me. Yes I need a towl!
                            Lol! I would too![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s i boys and girls. I was absolutely covered up but never even saw a 2 year old. the

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                                We in and it’s cold! Got the ol Mr. Buddy rocking and a spare propane bottle in my pocket.

So last week I had 2 crews from Arkansas in helping us close a line that we were on. My guys work 4/10’s, those guys work 5/8’s. Thursday evening I rolled out and headed this way. They worked and headed home. Monday I get to work and most of our tools and equipment are not where the line boss from AR told me they were. I’ll be completely honest... I fulled expected they were kn a pawn shop somewhere between Etoile, TX and northern Arkansas. The guys that make yo that crew are almost 100% previously convicted felons, and current meth monkeys. That said they’re pretty good hands and were a big help, so forgive me for being a tad judgmental.

Monday was a wash, and I had an all brand new crew from Shepherd. The oldest one was 20. If any of y’all are from Shepherd and these 3 boys are any indication of the rest of the town y’all are doing a jam up job of raising them. Good kids, hard workers, and they pay attention. Yesterday rolls around and 2 of them txt and said they’d be late, the other txt saying his brakes went out and he needed the rest of the week off to work on his truck. The boss usually only wants us running a full and complete crew so I called her to fill her in, she says scrap the week and start over on Monday.

Fine by me. I had the 2 that were late meet me and I cut them a short check, thanked them for their work and told them we’d hit it again on Monday. My brain goes straight to the deer lease and I see this front coming! I go home and throw my warm clothes in the wash and had brunch with Steph and the kids and remember a big gas can and my soft sided cooler are staged out in the woods so I go to grab them while the clothes finish washing/ drying.

It’s in the absolute middle of nowhere on a dead end road surrounded by a high fence. (Some of you probably have figured out the location. For reasons that’ll be made obvious in just a second, please keep that to yourself) I parked my truck on the side of the CR like I’ve been doing for almost 2 months, unloaded the side x side, and went in through the high fence. I wasn’t gone 15-20 minutes TOPS! I grabbed my stuff and when I get back to my truck the driver side rear door is open... My AR, pistols, binos, range finder, a $12,000 gps unit I use for work and several other things are still laying in the seat but I look in the back of my truck and 100% of our tools are gone. Every piece of equipment that I meed for work had been stolen and they were about to get everything in my truck when I pulled up.

So most of yesterday was spent with the Nacogdoches Co Constables going over everything. Too much to type but I have a pretty good idea who it is based on an encounter earlier in the week but for now I’ll let the LEO’s do their work. So that’s how I ended up here when I thought after Monday I’d be working all weekend.

Starting to break light now, I’ll keep y’all
                                in the loop.
                                Glad to hear the part about the boys from Shepherd. We have our share of meth heads like anywhere else but I like to think most of us turn out alright!

Comment

Working...
                                X