No announcement yet.

A time to kill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well morning to night. Had 6 doe come in late. Milling around and to tight to shoot. Finally the fattest one ran a couple out of the way and stood broad side at 17 yards. I drew, released and watched my arrow soar right over her back, skip off the ground to parts unknown. I have no idea what I did. Left right was perfect but obviously I made an error in form or follow through.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

19* this morning and hill country deer don't like the cold. Wind is light and variable which doesn't help. Two doe and two buck seen so far. They tend to move around 9 or 930 when its this cold so I'm going to sit a while.

Comment

Moving late today.

Comment

Congrats on the doe, they all eat good. Well Almost all..., rutty bucks tend to be a little rank. How did the evening play out?

Comment

Came home. Gonna work the next three days.

Comment

Congrats DRT! Good going brother! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Thanx Rusty. Fun but still some scratch my head moments. Maybe someday it'll work like I planned it.

Comment

Had to head out go our ranch today to meet the well driller and a fencing contractor so I'm going to hunt this evening and in the morning here. A young doe went by about 60 yards east of me about 10 minutes ago so I know they are up and moving. Going to put something in the ice chest if I can but they still aren't hammering feeders here yet.

Comment

They show up at my feeders all hours of the day and night. I sure wish that these deer would learn how it is supposed to be done.

Comment

Good morning from Rancho Flecha Rota.

Comment

Back at the lease today. Few small doe around but it's really still and they are spooky.

Comment

Well two weeks in a row I've shot over a doe. This time with the string tracker attached and she hit the ground.

Comment

Dangit!! They are fast. You still at the lease?

Comment

Back at the lease and sitting in a pop up on a cool rainy morning. Likely the deer are laid up for now but it should break off for a while soon and I'm going to try to get my last doe with my recurve.

I brought my compound on this trip with three tags to fill and two of them bucks but when I was leaving camp I couldn't help myself but grab my Widow. A couple quick shots at the target and now here I sit. Waiting, hoping and alive.

Comment

Good luck Gary.
                                My favorite kind of hunting weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X