Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raccoons are wild animals

I know, DUH!

Just because you raised it since it was a baby doesn't mean it is tame.

Here's the story with a video.

Home security footage captured at a home in Clinton Township, Michigan shows three children frantically scurrying across their yard as a pet raccoon attacks.

According to 7 Action News, Patrick McClausky said a raccoon being kept as a pet next door chased down and attacked his 6-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son while they played in the families backyard. The animal drew blood on his daughter’s knee, meaning she would need several rounds of rabies shots. Thankfully, she ended up testing negative.

They believe the raccoon got into the yard through a hole in the fence.

Let’s venture back to the neighbors “pet raccoon” idea..

The neighbors, Joel and Linda, apparently named the critter “Bandit” and cared for it since it was very young. They claimed it was friendly, posed no threat to either of them, and would even sleep with their granddaughter.

The family also claims they tried to let the animal go, but it kept coming back for food..

They also said the animal was handed over to animal control and euthanized following these recent events.

I had a bobcat as a pet when I was a kid... he never attacked anyone and he crapped in the toilet... you can train any animal.

Comment

"They believe the raccoon got into the yard through a hole in the fence."

Yes, because we all know they can't climb!

Comment

I had one as a kid. Mother had been run over and a friend of my Dads found the babies. When i got it eyes were not open yet. Fed it a doll baby bottle. My best friend for about two years and then it began to get mean. Turned it loos in the woods.

Comment

Racoons and pit bulls are two animals that serve no useful purpose whatsoever on this here earth. What they don't tear up or eat they crap on and then attack you for no apparent reason. You can add democrats to that list also.

Comment

I grew up dragging in wild critters or having them given to me. All of them made really good pets until they quit being good pets! All turned into dirty filthy animals at some point, even the ground squirrels.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Racoons and pit bulls are two animals that serve no useful purpose whatsoever on this here earth. What they don't tear up or eat they crap on and then attack you for no apparent reason. You can add democrats to that list also.

I’d like to add ignorant people who don’t know what they’re talking about to that list also. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Good point.

Comment

Yep, had a couple as "pets" as a kid. They grow up to be the wild animals that they were meant to be.

Comment

This thread just reminded of bat chit crazy neighbor who just had 16 raccoons released in our neighborhood! Needless to say I'm trying to make friends with all 16! So far I have 15 to meet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 3 different coons growing up. They all wound up wondering off on their own, as they matured, even though we fed them daily.
                      Not a one of them ever did anything aggressive or showed aggression in anyway.
                      My guess, the kids were being kids and ****** Mr con off.
                      Video isn't clear but why are all 3 kids grouped up, right where Mr coon was?

Comment

I'm with mad hatter...that's my exsperince with them

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                          I’d like to add ignorant people who don’t know what they’re talking about to that list also. [emoji849]

He covered that with Democrats...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            He covered that with Democrats...

That part I’d agree with.

Comment

Working...
                            X